PDA

View Full Version : Renault 5 or Clio

Lee B 2012
22-04-2012, 01:06
First post!

Hi I am after some advice. I bought a Renault 5 GT turbo off a member of this site a good few years ago. I jut moved to a new house and some ******* decied to set fire to my car on my driveway. The only thing with no damage to it was the engine. So i have removed the engine and scrapped the car. Now I dunno if I should drop the engine in a Cilo or find another 5 for my engine. If I did get a clio how hard is it to get the engine to bolt in? Is there a lot of work invovled in getting the engine to sit in place? I do relise there also going to be an issue with wiring. Whats best todo? Also does any one know of any clio's or 5's going that need a engine. Cheers

Muzza
22-04-2012, 01:39
First post!

Hi I am after some advice. I bought a Renault 5 GT turbo off a member of this site a good few years ago. I jut moved to a new house and some ******* decied to set fire to my car on my driveway. The only thing with no damage to it was the engine. So i have removed the engine and scrapped the car. Now I dunno if I should drop the engine in a Cilo or find another 5 for my engine. If I did get a clio how hard is it to get the engine to bolt in? Is there a lot of work invovled in getting the engine to sit in place? I do relise there also going to be an issue with wiring. Whats best todo? Also does any one know of any clio's or 5's going that need a engine. Cheers

If its from a 5 keep it in a 5 lad!:agree:

Woznaldo
22-04-2012, 02:02
The engine and box should bolt into a Clio fairly easily but you need to have a chat with Clio GTT, see link below:

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/member.php?u=248

That said, I'd keep it in a 5. :)

LYNCHSTAR
22-04-2012, 08:08
chuck it back in a 5 better looking classic car.:)

GT Josh
22-04-2012, 10:06
Get a 5! They are the dogs danglys!!!

Lee B 2012
22-04-2012, 17:23
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Thats what I was thinking. Just need to find a 5 to put the engine in

GT Josh
22-04-2012, 17:39

Thats what I was thinking. Just need to find a 5 to put the engine in

Just wait for the right one mate!

Lee B 2012
22-04-2012, 18:01

I miss my 5. Want to be out driving pne again

dangerous dave
22-04-2012, 19:29
on ebay a gtt with no engine, rot, cat c, covered in bird 5hit will sell for £2000

a really nice example with mot, tax, good body, nice spec'd engine will struggle to sell for £1800..

i dont understand it but everyones looking for a project and pays more than buying a good running gtt.. i wouldn't rest everything on looking for a car with no engine or a dead engine to fit what you have, just get what you can afford..

i looked for a donor car for ages and ended up buying a clio 16v, coverted it, hated it.. getting it goings easy, making it look factorys an art and skill i do not have.. it was sh1te..

i bought a good gtt instead and it was awesome, spent a good few years tinkering with it and passed it on.. now have another project..

the engine from the begining ended up back in the shed..