PDA

View Full Version : Bit of advice/best option

j4ck-dw
21-04-2012, 14:39
Well I've completely stripped my whole car, car is going for paint soon so now with the engine. I would be happy with 200bhp any more is an extra but am I worth just keeping rebuilding the c1j and efi or low boost f7p decisions

GTphil
21-04-2012, 15:38
If it was my choice and and engine conversion doesn't bother you in terms of using a non GT turbo engine in a GT turbo then why bother doing an efi conversion when you could just drop say a Volvo lump in and it's already done, or indeed an f7p.

If you are intent on keeping the c1j as this is in my mind what makes a GT turbo a GT turbo so to speak, then if 200hp is all your after it will be much cheaper with a carb.

If your not bothered about what sits under the bonnet and just want reliability that efi gives you then do an engine conversion.

I would have done one ages ago and have probably spent more on c1j parts over the years than it would have cost to do an f4r conversion but I just can't help but think the c1j is the heart of a gtt!:cool:

Brigsy
21-04-2012, 15:49
200bhp is easily achieved on a c1j without efi, and reliable too. If you want big figures go efi or engine swap. As glen has proven the c1j will pull massive power though if your prepared to develop it?!

j4ck-dw
21-04-2012, 16:14
Just want to be able to use it every now an then with abit of reliability the price of efi surly be better to just put a more modern engine in there

Brigsy
21-04-2012, 17:27
No matter what engine you put in it will only be as reliable as the actual build quality/tune. The gearbox is a big weak point imo, if you intend on using it hard that will be the most unreliable part.

J$£5GTT
21-04-2012, 17:40
200bhp is easily achieved on a c1j without efi, and reliable too. If you want big figures go efi or engine swap. As glen has proven the c1j will pull massive power though if your prepared to develop it?!

:agree: thats the way,always comes back to the c1j after many talks about engine swaps etc,thats why were all here power for your buck and all,go c1j and keep a spare engine in the garage.
:):agree: