PDA

View Full Version : Chips Away and the like

clee
28-11-2008, 19:40
Well that sort of job I suppose .
I want to get the 21's minor blemishes sorted .I don't normally bother with that sort of thing but it's too good to let it slide . All of it is very solid and the paintwork is very good but the N/S rear door has some scratches and the bonnet some crazing from an engine fire in its past .
All the other panels would only need very slight attention I think .
What's the best way to attack it ? I'm don't intend to do it myself though so any local 'sperts out there willing to have a gander and tell me the damage ??
Touching in and a damn good cut and polish ????

Adam L
29-11-2008, 01:00
Rust asside, there are some very good proffesional company's that buff cars up a treat. Deep scratches require a touch up pen, but then blend right in with the paint work... Not cheap mind, you're looking at £350 for a days work. I've seen good results on a mates car along with my boss's motor, but they were a 53 A3 and a 53 Range Rover.

dave-sbs
29-11-2008, 08:14
i've sorted a few disasters that have been done by these kind of firms, not tarring them all with the same brush though.

ask what paint they use as some of it fades very quickly

wrightygtt
29-11-2008, 08:53
agreed, Some of them still use Single pack laquer, it all depends on the company tbh, training, experience. We've branched out into Small to medium Repairs, mainly due to being pissed off with working in the rat run that is bodyshops/ although were not a franchise.:)

clee
29-11-2008, 09:37
What paint would I be asking about :confused:
Would I be better going to a std bodyshop then ? It really is not that bad ,just a tiny spot of rust near a badge and the rear door scratches .The bonnet ,I'm unsure ,the crazing is not glaringly obvious but you can see if if you know it's there .