PDA

View Full Version : Booked cadwell and knockhill

philg
18-04-2012, 09:03
Me my brother and a mate have booked up for cadwell in july and knockhill in aug, can not wait, cadwell looks amazing a right little twisty track.

Going to run down to cadwell and stay overnight in a b&b then up first thing ready for some track action, knockhill we are just going up early morning as its a bit closer.

Anyone done either and do you have any pointers on the corners to watch, cadwell obviously for bikes and it does look quite narrow :scared:

bod 182
18-04-2012, 20:33
Have done Cadwell 5 times twice in a 5gtt and three times in a clio sport best track around in the uk imo,has everything and keeps you on your toes you will have a great day make sure you have good brakes and tyres Toyo 888 for example:cool:

Mart
18-04-2012, 20:54
Done both. Cadwell is a great track, and known as the UK's equivalent to (a mini) Nurburgring - You'll see why :)

Knockhill, I personally thought, was sh1te. Too short, hardly technical, and they had cones out for the first corner, which ruined any chance of carrying good speed into & through it. It's one track I'll never go back to.

philg
18-04-2012, 21:00
I have watched a few vids from cadwell and it realy does look great. I have proxys for the track and a willwood 4 pot set up with ferrodo pads. I'm not the fastest of drivers just enjoy the whole experience.

Mart knockhill was cheap £65 or something, I suppose you get what you pay for, it will be nice to scratch it of though :)

Can not wait just hope I get the weather :)

Mart
18-04-2012, 21:08
Aii, for £65 it's worth a punt. As you say, it ticks it off the trackday list :agree:

Edit. Even for that price, I still wouldn't go back though :D

Matt Cole
18-04-2012, 21:13
Done Cadwell in my white GTT. Awesome track but quite tricky. I nearly lost it on the first lap as some of the corners are second gear!!

Ask Jaffa what happened to his car there when Stu decided to show him 'how to drive it proppa'!:D

bod 182
18-04-2012, 21:33
Think that was the time i was there in my 5gtt didnt stu stack it into a armco backwards?

Robbo
19-04-2012, 10:13
Think that was the time i was there in my 5gtt didnt stu stack it into a armco backwards?

tyre wall frontal

philg
19-04-2012, 10:43
We were given the option of an in car tutor, might be worth the £20 then :scared:

Thanks guys

rew
19-04-2012, 16:17
I live near cadwell, I will just advise you to watch it when it's wet, it lacks run off areas and normally wet grass + speed= broken car, my mate had an off their last week in his golf mk2 race car and wrote it off and he used to work there so knows the track quite well. Modified live is there in may with the d1.:)

warpspeed
20-04-2012, 01:32
Don't do the cheap trackday at Knockhill, the more expensive one does away with the cones, think it's about £105, and Knockhill is only tricky and technical when your going fast enough, i have been there a few times.
If your a good driver with a fast car you'll enjoy it.
Cadwell is great fun, watch hall bend as it sucks you in, also the chicane coming down the hill can be tricky when your going fast enough, if it's wet be carefull all over as the tree sap can be quite bad.

philg
20-04-2012, 08:12
Don't do the cheap trackday at Knockhill, the more expensive one does away with the cones, think it's about £105, and Knockhill is only tricky and technical when your going fast enough, i have been there a few times.
If your a good driver with a fast car you'll enjoy it.
Cadwell is great fun, watch hall bend as it sucks you in, also the chicane coming down the hill can be tricky when your going fast enough, if it's wet be carefull all over as the tree sap can be quite bad.