PDA

View Full Version : dont you just love being right....

rew
17-04-2012, 07:59
I had a much heated debate last night with a jap car owner when I was trying to explain the Turbo set up on a gordini Turbo, I kept telling him I couldn't run an intercooler as it's a fuel/air mixture that goes through the Turbo And it will pool in the cooler, but he was saying it couldn't be!

in the end I lost my temper and showed him a picture of my engine bay and all he said was
' yours is a weird one'

but didn't even admit he was wrong!

Have any of you have experiences like this with different issues?

Sparkie
17-04-2012, 12:54
i run a barrel charge cooler inplace of the top pipe....the fuel doesnt pool insde - it depends on how cool you actually get the mixture.....

Scoff
17-04-2012, 13:37
Does it not bugger up the atomisation sparkie ? And it runs OK ? Good to hear if it does! I would have been worried that it wouldn't run at all.

I've done a couple of those gtt carb conversions over the years. You can cut the manifold down and weld a new throat on for the solex 32, then you don't have to worry about punching a hole in the bonnet !

Tony Walker
17-04-2012, 19:17
To be fair its a very odd way of doing things and i doubt many people would believe you if you told them lol.

Sparkie
17-04-2012, 23:30
Does it not bugger up the atomisation sparkie ? And it runs OK ? Good to hear if it does! I would have been worried that it wouldn't run at all.

I've done a couple of those gtt carb conversions over the years. You can cut the manifold down and weld a new throat on for the solex 32, then you don't have to worry about punching a hole in the bonnet !

i dont run the car in winter.... and in the summer i wait until the car warms up abit before giving it the beans otherwise it misfires and lurches abit on boost. i havent run it this year yet as im skint. :(

Adam L
18-04-2012, 00:21
It's all those calls your daughter has been making to me, they must cost a fortune:laugh::scared:

Sparkie
18-04-2012, 12:42
yeah, i'd be getting worried if i were Dawn.... :cooter: