PDA

View Full Version : Samco bleed valve

GT Josh
12-04-2012, 22:12
Found a weird problem with a hose yesterday that I would of never thought to happen.

Got my header tank bubbling over, whilst on idle. I thought uh ohhhhhhhhh. When I tried to bleed the hose on the top of the water pump it would not bleed at all. After a bit of messing and speaking on the blower to Haz I thought sod it and took the hose off the pump and swirl pot... Blocked both ends off and found the bleed valve wouldn't pass and if it did it was very minimal. So luckily my brother had a spare exact hose. So we bunged that on and bled the system properly. Bingo!

Has anybody else ever had that??

chezzer85
12-04-2012, 22:38
I've got a samco degasing tank to water pump hose and the bleed nipple is crap. Sometimes the whole nipple moves when i try and undo it.

Not sure whats wrong with yours without looking at it, sounds like you had an air lock. Did you try taking the nipple right out, and pressurising the system?

GT Josh
12-04-2012, 22:54
I've got a samco degasing tank to water pump hose and the bleed nipple is crap. Sometimes the whole nipple moves when i try and undo it.

Not sure whats wrong with yours without looking at it, sounds like you had an air lock. Did you try taking the nipple right out, and pressurising the system?

Yeah I did mate, looks like there's a little rubber flap inside that once under a certain pressure it blocks the passage... We stuck the other hose on and it was fantastic...