PDA

View Full Version : Digidash Yes or No?

Down under 5
09-04-2012, 04:46
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Has anyone fitted a digidash to there 5 turbo still haveing problems with speedo in my car. Changed sensor, hard wired cable changed instrument panel. Looks like pickup disc problem, thought might as well change whole thing to something with a bit more info. & less of a problem.
Been on site looks good & kit seems to have all you would need to fit, but what looks good on paper can be different when its time to put in car & lots of bits of wire & stuff gets me :confused::confused:

Thundercat
09-04-2012, 10:14
Was going down this route myself some time back, but decided to just get the clocks fixed that were fitted and treat them to New oe dial kit of club.

Phoenix Autosport
09-04-2012, 19:32
regardless of the type of dash you are going to need the speed sensor in working order to drive it, personaly i would stick with the original dash just sort out the problems and fit one of the clubs replacement dial kits, makes it look like new :agree:

digi dash's tend to be a lot of money and a lot of ballache to get working right, (especialy astra GTE ones - avoid those like the plague as they make the turbo dash seem ultra reliable)

tiff_lee
10-04-2012, 07:42
If you really want a digi dash it can be done just as most things, however I would be fitting one because I want one not as a means to try and solve a problem with the OE ones.

Brigsy
10-04-2012, 10:36
Fix the original mate:)

Down under 5
11-04-2012, 10:31
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Point is you dont need the OE pick up disc as system has own pickup, hence don't have to rip car apart to sort out OE pickup disc for sensor & it's got lots of flashing lights[LOL], also lot's more info. without making the dash look like a gauge shop.

tiff_lee
11-04-2012, 11:07
By OE pickup disc do you mean the gearbox sensor pickup? What system are you referring to that has its on pickup?

Phoenix Autosport
11-04-2012, 12:01
i would imagine its a gps driven one so no speed sensor needed, they are a good option on a kit car where combinations of parts give an innacurate speed output, but personaly i would fix what you have