PDA

View Full Version : T25 advice please

chezzer85
07-04-2012, 19:36
Been offered a fully rebuild t25 with t3 actuator, think i can get it for £250-£300.
Currently running a t2 hybrid on a fairly standard spec engine, just up-rated clutch and l/b flyweel.
Firstly is this a good buy or not?
Second what other mod would be required to run this turbo safely (gonna fit cossy fmic soon anyway). Also i use my 5 daily so mpg is also important. Just toying with the idea as my turbos in good shape. Any ideas feedback appreciated.

Markey Mark (BD)
07-04-2012, 19:41
Do you know the exact spec of the turbo? Price doesn't sound too bad if it has been rebuilt to a good standard

If you go for it you will be ok to fit this turbo but you will need to re-jet the carb to suit the boost your going to run.
Also make sure the engine in good health, do an oil and filter change when you fit the turbo too

chezzer85
07-04-2012, 19:46
Thanks Mark
Just going to fit wideband so that will help with setting carb up, engine rebuild 1100miles ago and running sweet now, what sort of bph - boost would i be looking at safely?

Markey Mark (BD)
07-04-2012, 19:52
Thanks Mark
Just going to fit wideband so that will help with setting carb up, engine rebuild 1100miles ago and running sweet now, what sort of bph - boost would i be looking at safely?

Boost levels will all depend on what you want from it and also the spec of the bit on the engine. Standard intercoolers are fairly good but if you intend to push the turbo abit may be worth upgrading that. Fuel pump too, depending on boost levels it may be worth fitting new one if its still old original one.

As a guide you can run T25's right up to 24psi and still work efficently but really depends on the exact spec of the turbo, if you can find that out it will help know whats best for it

chezzer85
07-04-2012, 20:03
Just spoke to the seller, and he's told me its a GT tuning turbo rebuild by K-tec with paper work. Will find out exact spec shortly as been on GT tuning website and it seems they did quite a few different t25's

chezzer85
19-04-2012, 12:36
I don't know the exact spec of this turbo and as the seller doesn't. He reckons its good for 240bhp that could be a load of bull though. I would be happy with 170-180bhp to aim for. Could i run this turbo on low boost with standard carb set-up?
Now that my turbo looks like its dead I am weighing up my options.

Kingscott
21-04-2012, 00:05
Hi

Yes you can run the turbo at standard (ish) boost with the standard carb,
All depends on what you have planned for the future.

(I hate it when people quote turbos and intercoolers as "good for xxx BHP" as you can't compare boost pressure to BHP)

If you want to aim for a "real" reliable 170-180 BHP you need to spend a good 1500 pounds on parts and tuning, your talking serious work for these figures.

I currently run a turbo technics T25, If I recall it can do 28Psi max, I run at 21Psi. Remember T25's are very laggy. My turbo new was 750 quid so price wise for this one its not bad if it a good turbo.