PDA

View Full Version : MSM bleed valve

markey b
07-04-2012, 09:21
Has anyone else on here got the MSM brass underbonnet bleed valve, the one that like a small brass t-piece and a 10mm nut on, i'd post a pic by my car isn't near :cry:

trying to adjust the boost so wound it fully in, and it went off the gauge by 2k, so i think maybe it works differently to others, also do anyone know which way it fits? i may have it in wrong way around if that could affect it

sorry this question is a bit vauge!

clee
07-04-2012, 10:40
Bleed valve or Dawes device ?? They work differently .
Bleed valve you screw in to reduce boost .
Dawes you unscrew ,it has a spring loaded ball bearing that restricts pressure to the actuator so the more you wind it in the greater the pressure required to move the ball .

Bigfoot
07-04-2012, 10:59
I had one on my car, strange way of getting it to work but the nut end is closest to the carb, it restricts the air. Undo the screw to open it up then just keep screwing it in till you get what you are after boost wise

James5
07-04-2012, 11:01
Has anyone else on here got the MSM brass underbonnet bleed valve, the one that like a small brass t-piece and a 10mm nut on, i'd post a pic by my car isn't near :cry:

trying to adjust the boost so wound it fully in, and it went off the gauge by 2k, so i think maybe it works differently to others, also do anyone know which way it fits? i may have it in wrong way around if that could affect it

sorry this question is a bit vauge!

I have one matey and it's not a bleed valve it will only allow you to set max boost level as if your using in car boost controller or activating your DDS3 controller.

markey b
07-04-2012, 11:22
i take it that i wind the grub screw fully out to set it to actuator pressure, then wind it back in until correct max boost is reached?

Fordy
07-04-2012, 16:31
i take it that i wind the grub screw fully out to set it to actuator pressure, then wind it back in until correct max boost is reached?

run a direct feed to the actuator to set the base boost pressure up rules out the valve then

Mart
07-04-2012, 18:20
I have one matey and it's not a bleed valve it will only allow you to set max boost level as if your using in car boost controller or activating your DDS3 controller.

:agree: Works in the same way as GT Tuning's spider valve, or whatever it was called.

Either way, it's a bodge way to increase/limit boost. Set ya boost via the actuator rod & feed the actuator from the/a comp' housing outlet, which then, as a bonus, is also one less pipe to worry about at the carb elbow.

markey b
10-04-2012, 17:53
:agree: Works in the same way as GT Tuning's spider valve, or whatever it was called.

Either way, it's a bodge way to increase/limit boost. Set ya boost via the actuator rod & feed the actuator from the/a comp' housing outlet, which then, as a bonus, is also one less pipe to worry about at the carb elbow.

its too lairy at big boost to drive every day, i know you can limit boost with your throttle foot but its too snappy especially in the wet, plus i like to run it at a lower boost level day to day

Brigsy
10-04-2012, 20:43
Man up and set the actuator for max boost ;) i run 1.7 bar all the time. Lower boost just fouls the plugs and could promote borewash if you dont jet the carb to suit.

markey b
11-04-2012, 08:22
Man up and set the actuator for max boost ;) i run 1.7 bar all the time. Lower boost just fouls the plugs and could promote borewash if you dont jet the carb to suit.

max boost is 2.2 bar :cartman:

anything under 2 is for running in.... :cooter: