PDA

View Full Version : exhaust downpipe bolts to short for ktec downpipe

gttjames
03-04-2012, 20:23
Have had no issues running my scorpion or standard system with a ktec downpipe, but i have now fitted a BMS elbow/downpipe and a ktec 2.5 inch sidey onto this - problem being is the bracket on the bms is thick, and so is the bracket on ktec sidey - so iv come to bolt them up and the r5 bolts wernt long enough

For the mean time i used some citreon saxo exhaust springs in there as there shorter, but its blowing so i need to have another go

How has everyone else done it as i know a few people run the bms/ktec setup?

cheers

JohnAldridge101
04-04-2012, 17:47
not being a smart ass but wouldnt longer bolts do it, the saxo springs may be weaker alowing the blow-by.

gttjames
06-04-2012, 17:54
might do? I couldnt find any longer bolts when fitting so hence had the shorter springs sitting arround. The standard r5 bolts are pretty long and i cant find anything longer. I know there is other people running this setup so how are they doing it?

Pete@Backyard Racing
06-04-2012, 17:57
might do? I couldnt find any longer bolts when fitting so hence had the shorter springs sitting arround. The standard r5 bolts are pretty long and i cant find anything longer. I know there is other people running this setup so how are they doing it?

Shorter springs

GTphil
06-04-2012, 18:14
My brothers phase 1 had a big Jim or whoever the other guy was system fitted that was taken off and sold before he purhased it, it was mated to a scorpion and the flange on the scorpion had been enlarged quite considerably, and the bolts appeared to have what looked like a valve spring as opposed to the normal size springs found on the GTT.

It was around half the size of the standard springs.

Hope this helps:)

gttjames
06-04-2012, 21:53
ok well il leave my shorter springs in and just have another go at getting it to seal