View Full Version : camber adjustment using this ?

Schakal
02-04-2012, 17:19
This came off a renault 5 gt turbo ,its supposed to allow you to adjust camber somehow ??
1 end goes over the shock mounting bolt holes ,the other end goes holds on to the shock absorber body . I cant see how you can adjust anything through all fixed point though :scratch::scratch:
Unless you elongate 1 or both hub holes for the shock mounting ?

Any ideas people ?

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c249/evrenfenci/S8006120.jpg

SCHWARTZ
02-04-2012, 17:38
Are you sure it wasn't so a different shock could be used where the hub clamps onto the shock.

Scoff
02-04-2012, 17:44
Presumably it is wide enough to fit over the damper where it bolts to the hub ? If so, I guess you're supposed to elongate the top hole in the damper, fit it all up, leave the main bolts slack and adjust that center stud in your picture to find the camber you want, then nip up the 2 main bolts when you're happy.

Schakal
02-04-2012, 18:16
Presumably it is wide enough to fit over the damper where it bolts to the hub ? If so, I guess you're supposed to elongate the top hole in the damper, fit it all up, leave the main bolts slack and adjust that center stud in your picture to find the camber you want, then nip up the 2 main bolts when you're happy.

happy days :):) :agree: Yes it is wide enough and goes on the outside . Once done the 2 bolts and 18mm nuts are only just long enough to mate with only a few threads to spare . Ideally i would need slightly longer bolts .

Any ideas roughly how much elongation is needed mate ? 2 mm each side ??

djinuk
02-04-2012, 18:49
looks an ideal tool really.

Scoff
02-04-2012, 20:17
Yeah 2 or 3mm I guess, the track day lads will have a better idea. You probably only want to file it in the neg camber direction. I doubt you will need to remove camber unless you're drag racing.

Schakal
02-04-2012, 20:32
Yeah 2 or 3mm I guess, the track day lads will have a better idea. You probably only want to file it in the neg camber direction. I doubt you will need to remove camber unless you're drag racing.

Nice one mate , yeah neg camber only . lol :)

car.crash
02-04-2012, 23:10
You should get them replicated.

Schakal
02-04-2012, 23:27
You should get them replicated.

they look custom made but might take some measurements and get them made
if enough people are interested ? :agree:

Brigsy
02-04-2012, 23:58
Im sure gt tuning used to make them.