PDA

View Full Version : anybody know much about this 5

daveturbo
02-04-2012, 16:29
On ebay item number... 150790486908

Been thinking about it but would like to know more about it.iv spoke to seller but he could tell me anything he wants.

has anybody on here owned it?

cheers all.

Adam 005
02-04-2012, 16:52
Looks like the ushall junk ebay thows up to me.Only good for braking :)

westy94
02-04-2012, 17:54
Would have to agree there looks like a right pile of junk, unless you going to totally restore it then anything is saveble;)

Rinzler
02-04-2012, 18:08
the ad mentions;

charge cooler, no2 kit and a new head - but doesn't quite make it clear if they are part of the listing or not, in fact the inference is they are not fitted.. be careful

:p

daveturbo
02-04-2012, 18:24
He told me it runs but he got those parts to put on it to try and get more power out of it:rolleyes:

ill see what he will take for it.;)

Fordy
02-04-2012, 18:35
so local to me its crazy! gunna do some digging to see if i can find the owner through friends

daveturbo
02-04-2012, 19:16
See what u can do for me mate. was just about to put a deposit on it.dont look too bad to me and from what hes told me.
nos it all fitted with full bottle.needs new jacking point on drivers side.he seemed quite honest but you never know with ebay.

Markey Mark (BD)
02-04-2012, 19:29
Only way to see if its any good is go look at it in person

For me i can see a fair bit of work but if its not too bad underneath it'll be worth saving, if he's just bolting them bits on to get more power i'd be worried as doesn't sound like he knows much about them then. See if you can get the car without the bits fitted and sort it yourself ;)

daveturbo
02-04-2012, 19:50
That was the plan mate.he wont be fitting them.

i dont think it will be too bad when all the stickers have been taken odf and new bonnet and grill.was last on the road in december but taken off as he was sent working away from home.

this i what he told me.

its some sort of proma racing spec engine but the head gasket went as the fan wire had come off so he had that fixed but the head was cracked and only one he had was standerd so he had that fitted untill he could fing an uprated head.he then got the head but not got round to fitting it.the turbo is some sort of t28 that he got but never fitted.

ding on bonnet is from him backing into it in work van.

hes got 2 astra vans full of parts to go with it.

he wants 900 to take it off ebay

bigdur
02-04-2012, 21:16
Looks like a piece of crap to me. :crap:

J$£5GTT
02-04-2012, 21:27
Only way to see if its any good is go look at it in person

For me i can see a fair bit of work but if its not too bad underneath it'll be worth saving, if he's just bolting them bits on to get more power i'd be worried as doesn't sound like he knows much about them then. See if you can get the car without the bits fitted and sort it yourself ;)

agree,you cant go fooking a car off without going to look at it first,if your serious you will go and look.....byers and lyers....:)

Tony Walker
02-04-2012, 23:19
doesnt sound too bad for the price, but be prepared for alot of work, and a fair bit more than just a jacking point. Its cheap for a reason :agree: Sounds like you'l get a fair bit for your money but a fair few headaches too :agree:

Gttnutter
02-04-2012, 23:37
Wheels look like the old borbets back in the day. Quite a retro cool wheel ifso :agree:

5alldaway
02-04-2012, 23:40
and you selling your raider to buy that?

from the pictures ive seen it looks your current 5 is better than that, and that "reno turbo" sticker says alot about the current or previous owners

daveturbo
03-04-2012, 07:29
Well i was selling raider to get another one but still have some change to put in the bank.dont think ill be going for this one tho..does look dodgy.

think it is quite alot of car and parts for the price tho.just needs some tlc. im still going to have a bud on thae bay.