PDA

View Full Version : Removing sump

Mattv6
02-04-2012, 16:22
Hi guys,

Quick question if anyone can help. I've now changed the head gasket etc - would you advise I remove the sump to clean it out? I've drained everything out and left for a couple of days for everything (all the gunk) to come out. Really don't want to take it off if I don't have to - will it be ok left on and new oil put in?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Markey Mark (BD)
02-04-2012, 16:28
I would fill it with oil, run it for 15-20mins then drain the oil out again. Fit new oil filter and oil again and you should be ok, if you really unsure what its like in there and worried it might be full of crap then might be worth removing to clean it out

Mattv6
02-04-2012, 16:31
Cheers Mark.

LYNCHSTAR
02-04-2012, 16:56
its a doddle matt i took my off this afternoon took me about 15 mins theres about 10 bolts i used quater inch socket set with long extension bars and knuckle. your sump needs to come of i bet it looks like a cappachino like the cilinder head did if your gonna do it do it propperly stop being lazy.:p

Dave Reed
02-04-2012, 18:05
I wouldn't bother, just clean out the old filter, fill it with cheap oil, run it up, drain it, change filter, put good oil in..

Taking the sump off, then re sealing can end up being a massive headache should you get leaks..