PDA

View Full Version : where to feed through bulkhead

djinuk
09-09-2008, 07:37
Ok i am just wondering where abouts most people feel things like oil gauge lines and boost lines through the bulk head that that wall in front of it , to bring them to the dash near the heater vents.. also if using the heater vent cluster is it needed to block them off in anyway to prevent heat getting to the back of the gauges ?

Alex
09-09-2008, 09:32
I drilled some neat holes in the area in front of the driver (next to the washer bottle) and fed them through there. :)

Bigfoot
09-09-2008, 09:52
Where the main loom goes into the car, NS of the fan. Feed it through there. That will lead to behind the fuse box

Guybrush
09-09-2008, 10:15
I drilled some neat holes in the area in front of the driver (next to the washer bottle) and fed them through there. :)

Yep... 'tis a good place to feed them :agree:

RichR
09-09-2008, 10:54
Yep... 'tis a good place to feed them :agree:

Seconded - I drilled a 15mm hole and put in a rubber grommet from a mains electrical socket to prevent chafing. Fed lots of pipes and wires through there.

It's worth getting it as high up as you can, as you don't want water coming through the hole into the footwell. Alternatively seal round the pipes/wires with a bit of silicone sealant.