PDA

View Full Version : Carb Brackets on Inlet Manifold

LiamR
01-04-2012, 13:11
I have been slowly putting my 5 back together this week. I cleaned up my inlet manifold and was looking at the brackets that come off it. The ones which hold various hoses and also the choke and accelerator cable before it reaches the actual carb.

I cleaned them up and they didnt look quite right to me. Not sure if they have been bent in storage or if quite simply they are incorrect.

I had a look at the same ones on my spare engine and they are both totally different to each other.

The one below is what I have on my car at the moment

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb387/liamroadnight/DSC_2249.jpg

And this is what I have on my spare engine

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb387/liamroadnight/DSC_2248.jpg

Not the best pics but hopefully you can see what I mean.

Now has my car had the incorrect fittings on it since I bought it and I havent noticed before. Or did renault change the design and I have both variations???

And do any parts look bent/damaged??

Thanks in advance...pics of yours would be handy too:)

The new Bill J
01-04-2012, 13:44
Or did renault change the design and I have both variations???

This :agree:

The one you have fitted is the later type, and the other is the earlier one. I have also seen another design, that's like the later type, but slightly different (I can't remember exactly how).

The later type has a longer run for the throttle cable, as it goes across the passenger side of the engine bay, before looping back round to the carb.

LiamR
01-04-2012, 14:10
Thank you very much :-)

In the top picture,does the left bracket (drivers side) look bent or is it supposed to be like that??

Can some one possibly post a link of the carb and brackets all hooked up please??

Tony Walker
01-04-2012, 14:41
top pictures, bracket is bent, your return spring goes through that for the throttle.

LiamR
01-04-2012, 18:16
Thanks for the answers. :)

A pic would be super handy though if anyone has one please.