PDA

View Full Version : Phase 2 GTT - Hampshire - £3750

fishead
28-03-2012, 15:54
renault 5 gt turbo, ph2 tungsten grey, 1990 'g' reg

5 owners, 92k miles

mot 1 yr/oct 2012, tax depends on deal done

documented history to 76k miles, documented personal maintainance since

ive owned this car for around the 10yr ish mark now, i bouht it as a 2nd car week end toy, it took me over a year to find an buy one as back then there was a lot of **** about. i chose very carefully finding one with a good body, as a mechanic the body was top priority.

body
i ran it as was for a while to make sure i was happy with the chosen route, then i stripped it proper an steam cleaned the entire lower half of the car [this was the last time it saw water in any way] then stripped back any areas that looked a bit suspect, c/o any repairs to inner & outer sills bumper mounts ect ect an beefed up the jacking points. all areas were treated, an numerous coats of paint an finally entire underside of car re-undersealed which has been inspected an recoated every 2-3yrs since. the interior floor pan has also been treated the same with the exeption of underseal. structually this car is solid

steering, suspension, brakes
has all been checked an overhauled as required, it is lowered on a full koni adjustable kit [konis prox 35-40mm from memory] it has had new steering bearings, top mounts, bushes, ball joints, gaitors wheel bearings ect ect, all of it basically. the hubs ect were all blasted, treated an finished with apperance an long life in mind. replaced all 4 calipers with new units, new discs pads an braided brake lines all round. [black dimond brakes] the fuel lines throughout an some brake lines were replaced with new. it stops, steers good an straight an its a good ride on the konis

engine
running a freshly fully rebuilt std engine, ive replace liners, piston rings, main, big end an thrust bearings, timing chain & tensioner. oil pump was stripped cleaned measured an is good. crank was polished, flywheel refaced. the head has been cleaned, pressure tested, new valve seats, refaced, new stem seals an near new water pump. all clearences an tolerences were checked an is all good, an has been fitted up using all new gaskets seals ect ect. the wiring loom has been completly stripped checked an repaired as required before fitting. the engine an box have been built up an installed with everything either freshly painted or plated, 95% new nuts, bolts, washers, jubilee clips ect ect inc a fully refurbished std spec carburettor, an green box valeo clutch.

interior
interior is in a very good condition, it is all good although it is used, an does show minor wear to the drivers seat bolster fabric. parcel shelf is straight an uncut. car comes with a pull out alpine head unit for the 'era' related retro thing. i have replaced the heater matrix with a new unit an checked/repaired any dash wiring that was in need at the same time.
it has a cobra alarm/immob fitted with remote c/l control

it has prox 200 miles on new build, head bolts have been retorqued tappets reset & oil changed. oil pressure is good, compressions are all 140-145 across the 4. the car is not 100% o/e or perfect but it is a very very good, well looked after example that if treated right should go on for a good fair few years yet

car is 20min ish from guildford hampshire

please see profile for pics, both albums relate to the car as it is now

£3750

MR PM
29-03-2012, 23:21
Absolutely beautiful:)............ P

fishead
30-03-2012, 09:21
thank you

JRP
23-06-2012, 22:40
This is genuinely a cracking car :)

rs250nut
24-06-2012, 00:08
Wow, I can't believe your selling this, you wont get any more genuine than this. Good luck with the sale:agree:

SAM'S O.E R5
09-07-2012, 03:37
Lovely car reminds me of mine :)

phase i 16 v turbo
09-07-2012, 09:20
Very nice car. Tony has only ever used top quality parts on this car and maintained to to the highest of standards. Sorry to see it go.