PDA

View Full Version : New radiator needed what's best oe or aluminium?

Nottswoody
27-03-2012, 15:51
As above really with the summer comes heat a paranoid feelings watching the temp gauge I want to beer that.. Who's got what and were do I get it from?

Markey Mark (BD)
27-03-2012, 15:53
Standard one will do you fine mate, don't go for copper core if you choose to not go standard though

Also make sure the rest of the cooling system is fine, thermostat, water pump, etc

dangerous dave
27-03-2012, 17:14
Standard one will do you fine mate, don't go for copper core if you choose to not go standard though

Also make sure the rest of the cooling system is fine, thermostat, water pump, etc

as above, make sure its spot on and then dont worry about it again.. the temps ment to go up and down, dont watch it, panic everytime or lose sleep..

its goes from the 2nd mark to above the 3rd all day and everyday.. when it points straight up its time to worry, i caught mine pointing to the sky, pulled over, bridged the fan wires and drove home without a care in the world.. i've boiled it over till waters pi55ed out the engine twice after the belt fell off, not once have i blown a gasket..

the renault 5's "blowing headgaskets" was due to sh1te fueling, not a poor a cooling system..

it can take a battering, just looking after it:agree:

Nottswoody
27-03-2012, 18:30
Cheers guys my rads actually leaking it's one of the last things I haven't replaced in the 2or three months of owning it so I was after the best but cheapest price for a new one really as I'm in the middle of buying a t28 off bluntly :-) so need it sweet before then.. Any ideas were?

Markey Mark (BD)
27-03-2012, 18:32
Cheers guys my rads actually leaking it's one of the last things I haven't replaced in the 2or three months of owning it so I was after the best but cheapest price for a new one really as I'm in the middle of buying a t28 off bluntly :-) so need it sweet before then.. Any ideas were?

Have a word with Mike @ GT Turbo spares (phase 1 16v turbo), he'll do you a good deal on one;)

andybond
27-03-2012, 21:26
What's the crack with copper core rads. Why no likely!?

Tony Walker
27-03-2012, 21:45
mine was great but theyre not very strong, hoses on and off a few times and the paint was beginning to flake off. it was on mine for many years. I think different people different opinions but generally there a bit weaker than the std rad.