PDA

View Full Version : Door adjustment

Brizza
24-03-2012, 01:23
Hi, Looking at my 5 today after i getting it out of storage from the winter and the spray job last year and i've noticed where they took the doors off to spray they havent adjusted them properly so the passenger door is extruding a little bit and the drivers is ever so slightly too far in, how do I adjust them?

thanks...

Ian

philg
24-03-2012, 07:33
Just adjust the part that the shell, don't know what it's called it's the part that the door latch grabs onto to lock the door. I'm sure you get a spanner on from inside the rear inner arch and use a torx bit to tighten in up, moving this backwards and forwards it will kick out or pull the door further in :)

Brizza
24-03-2012, 09:31
Just adjust the part that the shell, don't know what it's called it's the part that the door latch grabs onto to lock the door. I'm sure you get a spanner on from inside the rear inner arch and use a torx bit to tighten in up, moving this backwards and forwards it will kick out or pull the door further in :)

Does this involve removing the interior? only prob is that i've got a damn half roll cage in :(

Many thanks for your help :)

Jonny5
24-03-2012, 10:02
No need to remove anything.Its the Door striker you need to look at its adjusted by unscrewing with a torx bit in its centre. Can be moved around and spaced out with plastic washers.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x40/Jonnysri_2007/ad7d9307.jpg

Brizza
24-03-2012, 10:49
by unscrewing it will that make the door come out or bring the door in?

LiamR
24-03-2012, 10:51
IIRC unscrewing it just makes it loose. You can then adjust it up/down/left/right to where you think you need it. And then tighten up again.

Shut door. If it looks ok. Happy days. If not- have another go :-)

Jonny5
24-03-2012, 10:57
IIRC unscrewing it just makes it loose. You can then adjust it up/down/left/right to where you think you need it. And then tighten up again.

Shut door. If it looks ok. Happy days. If not- have another go :-)

Thats its mate.

Brizza
24-03-2012, 15:30
Cheers all i'll give the bodyshop a beasting and tell em how to do it ;)