PDA

View Full Version : Omex rev limiter

UnstableCable
18-03-2012, 16:53
Got a second had omex clubman rev limiter I want to use, it has 3 wires red, black and blue I belive!
Anyone know where they need to go?

Thanks
Matt
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll169/unstablecab/180320121216.jpg

UnstableCable
18-03-2012, 17:42
Ok so after a quick google search found this http://www.omextechnology.co.uk/OMRLC.pdf

And from looking at the coil pack on my car Im guessing the bottom plug of the 3 is the Positive and negative feed?
Any help please?

allanr5gtt
19-03-2012, 08:09
i have a look for you bud. i still the old coil with tails poking out.

Dave Reed
20-03-2012, 17:31
What you need to do is pull the AEI box apart and you'll notice that the coil has 2 round post's where the connection is made.. This is where you need to connect to..

All I done when I done mine, was, to use 2 round crimp terminals (un-sheathed, ofcourse), crimp onto correct wire, push in terminals, fix coil back down, and if I remember correctly you need to trim the AEI cover to allow the wires to come out.

Hope that helps.

UnstableCable
21-03-2012, 19:27
Hi thanks for your replies, had ago at plumbing it in tonight. Pulled out the coil and wrapped the wires around as in structed and connected the earth wire to the clocks earth wire.

Now Im not sure its working, havent sat there and rev'ed it to find out but no lights come on the rev limiter when I start the car. Is this normal or should the lights be coming on??

Sparkie
21-03-2012, 21:06
you need to tell it what revs you want it to limit at....

UnstableCable
23-03-2012, 18:47
Not sure if Ive done something wrong or if Ive got a knackered rev limiter! Plugged the red and blue lead into the coil as instructed and taken the black wire upto the battery earth. Im happy that I have good connections at all points!

When I do as the omex instruction page tells me, hold down the buttons and turn on the ignition (without starting the car) the lights on the rev limiter do nothing. No flashes or ought!

Any suggestion of what could be wrong before it goes in the bin!

Dave Reed
23-03-2012, 20:42
The only thing you could try is connecting the red wire directly to any switched feed or, for testing purposes connect to battery +

If that still doesn't work, its ready for the round paper file :(

UnstableCable
24-03-2012, 08:49
The only thing you could try is connecting the red wire directly to any switched feed or, for testing purposes connect to battery +

If that still doesn't work, its ready for the round paper file :(

Well the limiter works when I do this ^^^ but not when I connect it back to the coil! :scratch:

I have used small bullet connecters on the terminals as they where a good fit so 99% sure they are well connected and the car starts and runs fine so coils back in properly!

UnstableCable
24-03-2012, 09:19
Lol! Immobiliser! :ashamed::o:wasntme:

All works fine!

Dave Reed
24-03-2012, 12:07
ooops :)
Glad you got it all sorted.

UnstableCable
24-03-2012, 14:03
ooops :)
Glad you got it all sorted.

Yeah thanks for your help :agree:, nearly chucked a perfectly good rev limiter in the bin :ashamed: