PDA

View Full Version : Engine rebulding

chris
18-03-2012, 13:22
I have stripped my engine to the bare block and want to know where you can get all the torque settings and rebuild information from also how do i know what size camshaft to go for other than standerd lol i am going to run a t2/t25 turbo and what else do i need to modify to get fueling rite and any other advice amd what i need to do thanks in advance

GTphil
18-03-2012, 13:58
Haynes for the tourq settings.

A 270 camshaft piper or the likes will probably suit that turbo best.

When you build the engine follow the Haynes guide and keep everything uber clean and use plenty of assembly lube, and camshaft lube on the cam and followers, either get the followers checked for wear or buy new ones if fitting a new cam. New nuts/bolts are always a good idea when re-building an engine. Arp i think can supply most of the nuts/bolts for the crank and conrod caps. Take your time with it and in all honesty it's not that difficult. I'm presuming you have had the crank journals checked by and engineer,

Fueling wise get yourself a wideband guage and measure your afr's properly and ajust fueling to suit boost, no hard and fast ruels when I comes to carb specs, have a read of the articles about carb tuning and take it from there.

GTphil
18-03-2012, 14:00
http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=4734

Fordy
18-03-2012, 14:59
All the important torque settings
Camshaft pulley bolt - 50nm*locktite
Crank pulley bolt - 110nm *locktite
Crank main cap bolts - 65nm
Conrod nuts - 45nm
Flywheel to crank bolts - 50nm *locktite
Clutch to flywheel bolts - 25nm *locktite
Inlet and exhaust manifold nuts - 20nm
Head bolts - 65nm - I like to do a 2 stage torque down 20nm first then 65nm

Haven't got torque settings for the rocker shaft bolts/nuts tho but locktite them aswell :laugh:

chris
18-03-2012, 16:17
Thanks giys really helpful much appreciated

adscan
19-03-2012, 17:08
does the haynes manual give torque settings for the GT Turbo also?

Romil Davda
19-03-2012, 17:22

I believe it does...

Do RTOC have a scanned in copy of the Haynes manual? Not sure of copy right laws or ought but I think it would be great to have a .pdf at hand.

phase i 16 v turbo
19-03-2012, 17:30

Yes and I have several secondhand ones in stock if required.

Thanks
Mike