PDA

View Full Version : why dont they understand

j4ck-dw
17-03-2012, 10:47
near enough everybody i know just dosnt understand why i spend so much money on the 5. My parents hate me working on it and say its a waste off time an money why cant people understand its a hobby :cry:. If i went out every weekend and rinsed my money on beer or drugs they would think thats normal for a 21 year old lad but because id prefer spend money on an old car its a waste of money.

sorry guys rant over

just wondering does anyone else get this

J$£5GTT
17-03-2012, 11:05
dont worry about it mate,we all have that!,parents,wifes,friends coming atcha from every angle,just opinions,long as you enjoy it dont rise up an let them feed of your responses,just smile and say 'it makes me happy i enjoy it'.

have fun working on your car and driving it,its got huge ups and huge downs but thats like life anyway right!?

:):agree:

bod 182
17-03-2012, 12:56
I still get nagged about cars etc and im 44 i work 6 days a week run my own business,don,t smoke or drink but its my hobby i love trackdays you can never win,thats why im deaf so i cannot hear the moaning:laugh:

JRP
17-03-2012, 14:23
Im deaf to the moaning. If its not moaning about the 5 its the audi... endless

my hobbies are cars and horse racing.. people who moan are just annoyed you like things and they are boring

GTphil
17-03-2012, 14:49
My mrs hates my gtt, she could quite happily torch it and I'm sure she would feel no remorse afterwards, only joy!!:scared:

She doesn't understand it one bit, she won't even go in it she hates it that much. :laugh:

I just tell her it's tough **** the car was here before her!:smokin:

Everytime I work on it I have to deal with a side order of guilt! You would think I had walked out on her or something:p

It's all about a healthy balance! That's why I only get one day a month to work on my car and that's if I'm lucky:eek::wasntme:

Steevo
17-03-2012, 15:24
I get the same thing from my missis but she understands it's my hobby, that said I don't always tell her how much I'm spending on it ;)

I don't drink or smoke at all, I don't gamble or shag about, I just love cars, I think that's got to be the most healthy pastime on the list. ;)

I love my 5:hump:

Brigsy
17-03-2012, 16:53
Do what makes you happy..lifes too short end of.

Tony Walker
17-03-2012, 20:41
Dad used to to get fed up with my car taking loads of work time up, he knew it was quick but didnt realise how great it was till we went out at oulton park the other week :D he's hooked now :P

5alldaway
17-03-2012, 22:40
i got all of this when i was younger, my folks would look at the numberplate and say look how old it is and its a piece of rubbish, then they would see people come out of their way to admire it

but my folks were right that it was a waste of money, but i dont regret doing the same as you cause if i didnt, then i would have it eating away at me that i didnt

anyway im not on the lookout for another gtt, i told the missis that i need a car to take me and our new born son to car shows, she didnt bother arguing back lol