PDA

View Full Version : Lazy b*****ds - Renault Dealer

Renault 5 GT Turbo
16-03-2012, 12:02
I just called up my local dealer to get a price on the front seat bolster foam only to be told, 'we don't look up parts for old Renaults, you have to come in and order them'.

I went on to say, I wanted to check on their availability and price before visiting though, to which the dealer replied 'they will be available', so I said and what about the interior fabric knowing full well it is long out of stock, 'yes all available, bye'.

Pretty poor treatment if you ask me. I bet there is more margin in 4 pieces of foam than there is in a new car!

Brigsy
16-03-2012, 12:09
Most renault parts departments are ****. I remember going down in my white gtt and the salesman started laughing at me the cheeky *******s. Still i got the last laugh because i probably earn double what they do??

car.crash
16-03-2012, 12:11
Post the dealers number up so we can all call them.

djinuk
16-03-2012, 12:14
Post the dealers number up so we can all call them.

do it.. we will all start chucking part searches at them..

my local dealer is a complete prick!

Bigfoot
16-03-2012, 12:23
Cant fault my local dealer, orders in specials for me without payment up front, searches for obscure part numbers and also tries and find part numbers from their head office if he cant see them on the system, and if he has it in stock and its been sitting around for ages does a really good deal on them else he sells to me at trade price :)

Renault 5 GT Turbo
16-03-2012, 12:35
Cant fault my local dealer, orders in specials for me without payment up front, searches for obscure part numbers and also tries and find part numbers from their head office if he cant see them on the system, and if he has it in stock and its been sitting around for ages does a really good deal on them else he sells to me at trade price :)

Now that is what I call going beyond the call of duty...unfortunately my local dealer appears to be at the opposite end of the scale.

Does anyone have Diology that they could upload to an FTP location (that I can provide) for me to retrieve? I could then look up the part number for the foam bolster.

Anyone got an idea on what these foam bits cost nowadays? I seem to remember someone on here saying around £60 a piece?

Bigfoot
16-03-2012, 12:39
Dont know how accurate the part numbers are but try these

77 00 766 335 - Right hand front
77 00 766 336 - Land hand front

Cost wise if still available more than likely over £50 a side

The new Bill J
16-03-2012, 14:27
I haven't had to go to my local Renault dealer for several years now, but whenever I did, they used to tell me to go through to the staff office, and find what I wanted on Diologys myself :D

To the OP - You could try giving Mike (Phase i) a shout. If any parts are available, anywhere, he'll find them!

phase i 16 v turbo
16-03-2012, 15:19
Dont know how accurate the part numbers are but try these

77 00 766 335 - Right hand front
77 00 766 336 - Land hand front

Cost wise if still available more than likely over £50 a side

Those prices are well out of date :sad2::sad2: I hope you are sitting down

£85.32 outter
£92.15 inner

OOOOHHHHH that is v crazy!!!!!!!

Sparkie
16-03-2012, 21:00
someone on here used to sell the foam bolsters..... chris something?

Bigfoot
17-03-2012, 00:42
someone on here used to sell the foam bolsters..... chris something?

Hasn't logged on for a while

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/member.php?u=367

Can be found on eBay as well

Ashy
17-03-2012, 08:56

Mine was also good, used to sell to me at tradeand fax through diaology pages so I could make sure the parts were what I wanted.... That was until it burned to the ground two weeks ago :cry:

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/58833000/jpg/_58833421_58833414.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-17232810

Ashy
17-03-2012, 09:21
Ouch (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Tsn7iTfrYg&feature=related)

phase i 16 v turbo
17-03-2012, 10:23
Hasn't logged on for a while

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/member.php?u=367

Can be found on eBay as well

David has already tired them.

gtmatt
17-03-2012, 10:26
My renault dealer gets me all parts first without paying the parts man has been there since the gt days no issue at all :)

GTphil
17-03-2012, 12:17
My renault dealer gets me all parts first without paying the parts man has been there since the gt days no issue at all :)

That's because you have the parts desk on your speed dial, you must have been in there at least once a week for about 10 years!:wasntme:

Personally I have never had a problem with Renault parts desks/staff been ages since I have been tho, I just get what I need off mike instead, he's always well priced and can get pretty much everything unless it's "no longer available" even then your in with a shout of mike having what you need.

markey b
17-03-2012, 14:43

same here, and if they find stuff when they tiidy up that fits a 5 and its going to be written off they drop it off to me at work.. bury st edmunds renault parts really are the tits

Renault 5 GT Turbo
17-03-2012, 18:02
Those prices are well out of date :sad2::sad2: I hope you are sitting down

£85.32 outter
£92.15 inner

OOOOHHHHH that is v crazy!!!!!!!

Thanks Mike.

I was prepared for £50-60 a side but that really does take the mick!
What are Renault thinking when they dream up these across the board price rises!

I have tried the aftermarket foams but they seem to buckle under the tension of the material.
Think I'll give a French supplier a go as the foam appears to be the same as the original at less than half the cost.

The new Bill J
17-03-2012, 18:56
Mine was also good, used to sell to me at tradeand fax through diaology pages so I could make sure the parts were what I wanted.... That was until it burned to the ground two weeks ago :cry:

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/58833000/jpg/_58833421_58833414.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-17232810

Strange! The same thing happened to my local Renault dealer a few years ago :scared:

Alex W
17-03-2012, 19:38
do it.. we will all start chucking part searches at them..

my local dealer is a complete prick!
im up for it ha! i aint got much to do at work all day so i dont mind calling to pester them ive loads of parts id like to ask him about !lol