PDA

View Full Version : Dodgey niegbours

TNT ANDY
14-03-2012, 20:21
Hi all,

Not car related at all, but it goes something like this:-

My new tenants moved in yesterday, got settled in and went off to bed about 10.30, 11.30 they get woken by the next-door-neighbour drilling on the wall and shouting abuse through the walls at them. This woke up the 6 month old and at that point the lads going a bit lairy.

At this point he goes next door to see what all the noise is about but they refuse to answer the door.

I receive a message via the letting agent asking me my opinion, I can't do anything until tonight.

I see the tenants and that is the story I got from them above, I was unsuccessful in getting to chat with the noisy neighbour despite them being in.

Where do I go from here, If this carries on I will never be able to rent the property to anyone due to this abuse.

Any experience on here?

Gibbo69
14-03-2012, 20:34
I have had an issue like this when I owned an apartment in liverpool, call the council and they will perform an investigation... Should it continue they will involve the police and give of a warning. If it doesn't improve they will produce a fine upto £1000.00.

Sorted my problem.... however did also threaten to throw him through every window in his house ..... Not sure if the was the fine that sorted the problem out ;)

TNT Tricky Nicky
14-03-2012, 20:44
Do the noisy ones rent their house? If they rent you can complain to their landlord/letting agents.
If they own the house you could speak to the council/environmental health but from previous experience they're as helpful as a chocolate teapot.

When I was speaking to the lettings agent he basically said, treat it as a business, as long as they pay the rent that's all you need to worry about.

I take it your tenants signed into a minimum 6 month agreement? Not really a lot either of you can do except hope the dickheads sort themselves out, they may have felt that when the new neighbors moved in they made too much noise so were just proving some sort of point :confused:

TNT ANDY
14-03-2012, 20:45
I have had an issue like this when I owned an apartment in liverpool, call the council and they will perform an investigation... Should it continue they will involve the police and give of a warning. If it doesn't improve they will produce a fine upto £1000.00.

Sorted my problem.... however did also threaten to throw him through every window in his house ..... Not sure if the was the fine that sorted the problem out ;)

LOL Gibbo - I'd rather go down the 'official' route if at all possible, I'll try to sort it between me and the 2 parties but failing that it's off to the council we go.

Thanks for the reply, this is winding me up big time.

TNT ANDY
14-03-2012, 20:51
Do the noisy ones rent their house? If they rent you can complain to their landlord/letting agents.
If they own the house you could speak to the council/environmental health but from previous experience they're as helpful as a chocolate teapot.

When I was speaking to the lettings agent he basically said, treat it as a business, as long as they pay the rent that's all you need to worry about.

I take it your tenants signed into a minimum 6 month agreement? Not really a lot either of you can do except hope the dickheads sort themselves out, they may have felt that when the new neighbors moved in they made too much noise so were just proving some sort of point :confused:

Cheers Tricky - no the noisy ones own there property, and as far as I'm concerned, if they carry on as they are I won't have a business to treat as a business, so be it 6months or not, I'm gonna have this problem over and over again. We don't want short term tenants and to be honest the new tenants are really nice people and should not be subjected to a barrage of abuse from there neighbours. I want to make it clear to the people making the noise that this is not acceptable and there will be consequences for there actions.

TNT Tricky Nicky
14-03-2012, 21:39
Indeed nobody should have to suffer with antisocial neighbors, I've had to in the past and it's not nice.

Have they been a problem in the past? Hopefully it will be a one off occurrence and you won't need to worry about it.

I've been feeling stressed lately as my letting agents are rubbish, been worrying that my tenant is coming out as only got less than 2 weeks left on current lease and hadn't heard anything, rang today and they told me they wanted to stay and sign another agreement. Turned out I was was worrying over nothing, hopefully will be the same for you :)

TNT ANDY
14-03-2012, 21:54
Nope no problems, and when we lived there I thought he was dead for 4 years as you never heard a thing LOL.

I hope I am worrying for fook all - Time will tell.

Thanks for the response - it's good to know you're still about.

TNT Tricky Nicky
14-03-2012, 22:18
Fingers crossed buddy.

I'm never far away, will have to get a meet organised now the weather is picking up

Phoenix Autosport
14-03-2012, 22:31
pitty its not vacant as i would set up as many noisy things on timers to come on all hours of the night.

i have had a couple of similar problems in the past and i can say in all honesty that the offical / legal way doent work, it will take years and all it does is encourages them to do it more as they know it winds you up, basicaly you have 2 choices if you want rid,

1) give them a kicking every time they cause a problem, having a word with a length of 2x2 carries far more weight than just having a word on its own.

2) give as good as you get, make their life hell until they move

Steevo
14-03-2012, 23:48
As i'm sat here now, my next door neighbours are banging around, they dont talk at eachother, they shout. Most nights they have the bass up loud and generally are ignorant animals that wont answer the door. I'm 2 months into a 6 months tenancy and can't wait to move out of here.

Even though its a private rental, I believe next door they are renting to DSS, so they are up until 4am most nights to get just enough sleep before Jeremy Kyle starts so they can catch up with what their mates are up to.

I have tried giving as good as i get, but it's pointless, i'm up at 6 everyday for WORK and they just go back to bed to sleep. The other night I had to call the police as the sacks of **** were just screaming at eachother until 5am. Landlords don't care, police dont care. And it seems my tax money is going to good use to keep this waste of space alive.

Sick of the place to the point I don't even want to go home after work..... 4 months and counting!:mad::mad::mad:

TNT ANDY
15-03-2012, 07:01
I hear where you're coming from people, 2x2 on stand-bye n all that. I'm at an advantage here really as the people making the noise own there property in a good area, and financial penalties / threats will be a real concern for them. The other thing is, is that they make so much noise it even got as far as 4 doors down where the home owner was woken by the noise.

I won't be wading in just yet, I think by the sounds of it I'll have to get in a que!

Adam L
15-03-2012, 19:31
Just tell them to buy ear plugs:)...

...Seriously though. Me and my flat mate had a couple move in with their todler last year in the flat above and I would get woken up every day at stupid hours in the morning by the kid screaming for its Dad or just being a noisy *******. The kids bedroom is directly above mine aswell with wafer thin ceilings. I have to sleep with ear plugs every day now just to get a good nights sleep but I don't act like a ****ing bellend and bang on walls in retaliation because I can accept the fact a young child is going to be restless at such a young age.

That's just my take on what it's like to have a neighbour with a young kid.

J$£5GTT
15-03-2012, 19:36
ear plugs do there job..but tbh theres nowt worse than sodin ear plugs.
:crap:

Steevo
15-03-2012, 19:47

:agree::sad2:

TNT ANDY
15-03-2012, 20:04
Just tell them to buy ear plugs:)...

...Seriously though. Me and my flat mate had a couple move in with their todler last year in the flat above and I would get woken up every day at stupid hours in the morning by the kid screaming for its Dad or just being a noisy *******. The kids bedroom is directly above mine aswell with wafer thin ceilings. I have to sleep with ear plugs every day now just to get a good nights sleep but I don't act like a ****ing bellend and bang on walls in retaliation because I can accept the fact a young child is going to be restless at such a young age.

That's just my take on what it's like to have a neighbour with a young kid.

I'm with you Adam - and it's my take on it also. We have young uns next door, and the 3 yr old wakes up at all times screaming as she has nightmares. I wouldn't dream of giving them **** for it, I'm more concerned for the little one. Her Dad on the other hand is very loud and aggressive.

TNT ANDY
15-03-2012, 20:05

Hmm? Sorry - didn't get that LOL

Adam L
15-03-2012, 20:07

Admittedly, I hate them, but they solve the issue.

I've just sat here with the tv on while speaking to Dawn and I could hear the little ******* upstairs bawling louder than everything else. The parents are worse than the kid thinking about it, they seem a bit simple for my liking.

TNT ANDY
15-03-2012, 20:10
No no - I get it, but .............

Never mind - it was a long shot.

Phoenix Autosport
15-03-2012, 20:45
obviously you need to make allowances for kids etc but for the arrogant chavs there are wways and means, for example, wait for them to leave for work (lol yeah right, maybe the pub or to score more weed) then get your ladder out and connect it to the end of their toilet or water tank overflow pipe (an old style push on hosepipe fitting will connect it nicely) turn on the tap for half an hour, tanks will overflow and look like a problem with their plumbing, people cant live in a flooded house, social will move them somewhere else whilst the house is sorted and put a new claimant in after (hopefully a quieter one)

TNT ANDY
15-03-2012, 21:03
My tenants are fine, They are both workers, and tbh I thought the couple next door where fine also as I lived next door to them for 5 years no problems. All private, no chavs in sight. It's a mystery to me this is, I'll find out more tomorrow - I'm paying em a visit to get there side of things.

Steevo
15-03-2012, 21:10
Mine are proper chavs. Certified. Reebok Classics, tattoos and mackenzie sweatshirts.....;)

J$£5GTT
15-03-2012, 21:46
Mine are proper chavs. Certified. Reebok Classics, tattoos and a mackezie sweatshirts.....;)

:dearme:

TNT Tricky Nicky
15-03-2012, 22:16
Hmm? Sorry - didn't get that LOL

Ha ha, I see what you did there

Was going to ask if they had a better second night?

Problem being if you give as good as you get, you start to look like the bell end as you upset neighbors who aren't affected by the original tit. Also if you harass the tit he'll likely go to the police and you end up being treated like the criminal while he smiles sweetly and carrys on making life difficult for all involved.

Hopefully you can get to the root of the problem and solve it without too much hassle

TNT ANDY
16-03-2012, 06:34
:agree:

TNT ANDY
16-03-2012, 06:36
:dearme:

If I lose these good tenants I have - The kind of tenants you describe are the ones I will be on the lookout for.

Not ideal, but may swing the pendulum of perspective back in the right direction.