PDA

View Full Version : Holding Back

SirSamuelOfBuca
12-03-2012, 15:03
I have been pleased with my Turb since i bought it. but every time I take someone who has owned one out in it they all say the same thing. It seems to be holding back.

I got it tuned up which did make a slight difference. Its alot quieter and boosts correctly now plus AFR was setup and correct spark plugs put in. Think im at just over 12psi at the moment from looking at the gauge over at renault5gtturbo more like 13.5.

I disconnected the overboost sensor. Which also seemed to make a slight difference.

Then this weekend I set up the Cup mod from the actuator which tbh has vastly improved the responsiveness. (I think has really helped the holding back)

What else could I check?! I am going to change oil Was thinking of throwing some slick 50 in as well. What would you recommend for a 100k engine car oil wise (oil level is spot on currently)? Going to replace fuel and oil filter but I can't see how these would make a difference (car was serviced by previous owner apparently so cant imagine fuel filter being messed up.).

I have nothing to compare mine with but am gradually getting it to the level I want it to.

Tony Walker
12-03-2012, 19:57
Is it a std T2 turbo?
As for "serviced by previous owner" Thats the comment i hear most, today i was svcing a car that had been serviced by the previous owner before he bought it and theyd left the airfilter out.
If you havent done it yourself then dont presume its been done and/or has been done correctly.
Fuel filters only a few quid if theres any doubt change it anyway :agree:

J$£5GTT
12-03-2012, 20:19
simple but check your getting full throttle,make sure the throttle cable is fully opening that solex up.

:)

SirSamuelOfBuca
12-03-2012, 20:29
Ye already got fuel filter gonna fit it weekend. The throttle cable is very stretchy. It's even pinged off once :/. Maybe time for a change.

What oil u recommend?

I got full service stuff from uni part but they gave me the wrong spark plugs so don't fancy using their oil gna splash out on some good stuff.

Ye it's a standard t2. Defiantly gonna get a pace ic and turbo/cam funds allow.

Cheers guys

Alex
13-03-2012, 13:01
10W/40 semi synthetic will be fine :agree: