PDA

View Full Version : Oil Pressure

SirSamuelOfBuca
07-03-2012, 13:21
My Oil Pressure reading seems to be intermittent. Where is it located so I can clean it to make sure its not something more sinister?!

Cheers :D

James5
07-03-2012, 13:24
My Oil Pressure reading seems to be intermittent. Where is it located so I can clean it to make sure its not something more sinister?!

Cheers :D

is this going by the OE gauge? if so the sender is located at the base of the turbo oil feed pipe on the block 2 wires, to be honest I would pay attention to the OE gauge, buy yourself and aftermarket mechanical gauge and T it into the turbo oil feed line

SirSamuelOfBuca
07-03-2012, 14:43
is this going by the OE gauge? if so the sender is located at the base of the turbo oil feed pipe on the block 2 wires, to be honest I would pay attention to the OE gauge, buy yourself and aftermarket mechanical gauge and T it into the turbo oil feed line

Was that a would or wouldn't pay attention?! It was working fine but I had it tuned last week and the thermostat had been disconnected and failed to be reconnected so was driving around for a few days without the fan kicking in. So was worried it may of over heated at some point. Maybe causing a fault. Car runs super good at the moment just wanted to make sure.

Ty for reply

James5
07-03-2012, 14:45
Was that a would or wouldn't pay attention?! It was working fine but I had it tuned last week and the thermostat had been disconnected and failed to be reconnected so was driving around for a few days without the fan kicking in. So was worried it may of over heated at some point. Maybe causing a fault. Car runs super good at the moment just wanted to make sure.

Ty for reply

:laugh::ashamed: Wouldn't pay attention to OE oil pressure gauge

Romil Davda
07-03-2012, 14:53
This subject keeps on popping up and I am sure will continue too...

Let’s say the oe gauge doesn't work and you don’t have an aftermarket one plugged in, what would/could you expect to happen/or see if you lose oil pressure?

I'm just trying to work out what the symptoms of low or no oil pressure are?

If you get said symptoms, what should we do?

Thanks

James5
07-03-2012, 15:10
This subject keeps on popping up and I am sure will continue too...

Let’s say the oe gauge doesn't work and you don’t have an aftermarket one plugged in, what would/could you expect to happen/or see if you lose oil pressure?

I'm just trying to work out what the symptoms of low or no oil pressure are?

If you get said symptoms, what should we do?

Thanks

Low oil pressure = a badly lubricated engine which will start to wear quicker, bearings will start breaking down and causing metal circulate through engine, also low oil pressure is also bad for turbo life aswell damage to turbine shaft. If you have low oil pressure symptom's stop using car, check big end and main shells, crank scoring, etc.. oil pump internals for wear and make sure all within tolerance levels. Also engine will start making knocking noises if your really unlucky like Graeme aka TubbyG and put a piston through side of block.