i was told the car run fine before
it had been park up for around 3 months and now will not start

thanks

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
07-03-2012, 11:41
Phase 1 or phase2/3 172?

Scoff
07-03-2012, 16:37
The actuator relay is just the latch relay that powers up the injectors and so on. There is another relay for fuel pump and ignition coil. The ECU latches those to ground as and when it wants them on.

You want to check the relays for operation, make sure they are clean and not corroded, etc. Both the actuator relay and fuel pump relays should be ON while cranking.

You can check the operation of the fuel pump relay by watching the voltage on pin 3 of the coilpack while cranking. It should go to +12v. You can check the operation of the actuator relay by watching the voltage to the injectors while cranking.

If the relays look OK then it could be a case of crappy wiring somewhere or less likely a problem with the ECU itself. Hope that helps :)

GARY GRWTURBO
08-03-2012, 09:55
The actuator relay is just the latch relay that powers up the injectors and so on. There is another relay for fuel pump and ignition coil. The ECU latches those to ground as and when it wants them on.

You want to check the relays for operation, make sure they are clean and not corroded, etc. Both the actuator relay and fuel pump relays should be ON while cranking.

You can check the operation of the fuel pump relay by watching the voltage on pin 3 of the coilpack while cranking. It should go to +12v. You can check the operation of the actuator relay by watching the voltage to the injectors while cranking.

If the relays look OK then it could be a case of crappy wiring somewhere or less likely a problem with the ECU itself. Hope that helps :)

thanks for all the info :)
i will look in to it
best regards