PDA

View Full Version : digi dash 2 help.

Danny
04-03-2012, 11:46
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

hay lads how do?
just been having issues with the five blowing fuses for the intrumant panel. ive removed the dash a while back to reveal a mass of fused wires. My worst nightmare so im thinking im going to make a new loom for the complete car. which does sound a tad daunting has any one had any dealings with this and come across any major issues ?

Im also going to be replacing the old intrument panel with a digi dash from ebt either the lite or the digi 2? has anyone any reports on either or is there an alternative out there i may of over looked?
A few questions to ask about the new intrument panel..i havent realy looked into the wiring diagrams to indepth as of yet ive been putting it of tbh but the time has come to get my arse in gear.
if any one could help in the following,
The rpm pick up for the origanol five gt is it of the alternator or coil pack ? the mph on the digi dash its a hall effect sensor how would this work? or could i use the origanol hive speedo pick up ?
any help would be awesome!!
regards danny.

Scoff
04-03-2012, 13:15
Hi Danny

I've had dealings with the dash2, they work quite well really. The RPM will work fine. The original instrument cluster takes RPM from the fuel pump relay, which also comes from the tach output on the ignition module. The speedo will need more work. You won't be able to use the R5's speedo sensor in the gearbox, it isn't a hall sensor. You'll either need to find a box fo tricks to convert the reluctor signal into a digitial (hall effect type) signal or you'll need to try and install a hall sensor in the gearbox inplace of the factory reluctor. :)

Danny
04-03-2012, 14:16

Hi Danny

it isn't a hall sensor. You'll either need to find a box fo tricks to convert the reluctor signal into a digitial (hall effect type) signal or you'll need to try and install a hall sensor in the gearbox inplace of the factory reluctor. :)

you recon it could be as easy to put a clio driveshaft on and use the abs reluctor of that ? or put a meganne/clio 2 type bearing in with the pick up on the back or the bearing?

Scoff
04-03-2012, 15:29

you recon it could be as easy to put a clio driveshaft on and use the abs reluctor of that ? or put a meganne/clio 2 type bearing in with the pick up on the back or the bearing?

Yes to second part :) Driveshaft won't fit because of length but you can put a late Clio 16v or Clio 172 brake disc on the back complete with it's ABS ring. You need to cut away at the plastic shield behind the disc to clear the ring. You can weld a bracket on to the trailing arm and install a hall sensor.

Danny
04-03-2012, 17:47

Thats good news then i'll have a look at that tommorow . Nice one dude.:agree: