PDA

View Full Version : Aaaahhhhh

123-gtt
01-03-2012, 19:21
Have just went 12 round with the car, and lost badly:mad:
iv got a 2/12 inch sidey from the turbo elbow, im trying to get the front section of the exhaust to go on to the down pipe (the one with the spring bolts) how the heck do you do it? iv spat the dummy and come in doors, lol

Nick k
01-03-2012, 19:39
Have you got the correct bolts? they should be bolted to the turbo elbow with 2 x 13mm nuts on it. This leaves you, ( 0n the other end of the bolts) 2 x long 2" bolts sticking down. You should then be able to mate the exhaust to the turbo down pipe, then slide the clamp bit along then over the 2 long bolts, then springs on and finally 2x washers then 13mm bolts.

123-gtt
01-03-2012, 20:03
Have you got the correct bolts? they should be bolted to the turbo elbow with 2 x 13mm nuts on it. This leaves you, ( 0n the other end of the bolts) 2 x long 2" bolts sticking down. You should then be able to mate the exhaust to the turbo down pipe, then slide the clamp bit along then over the 2 long bolts, then springs on and finally 2x washers then 13mm bolts.

Top bit done,it's the long bolts with the springs where the problem is,It all Lined up,it's just getting bolts though the holes and holding everything in place,guess its would be easier with a standard exhaust as its smaller and have a bit more room.
Do you offer the bolts down over with springs to the bottom,that's the way it was when I took the old one off.

Matt Cole
01-03-2012, 22:32
Top bit done,it's the long bolts with the springs where the problem is,It all Lined up,it's just getting bolts though the holes and holding everything in place,guess its would be easier with a standard exhaust as its smaller and have a bit more room.
Do you offer the bolts down over with springs to the bottom,that's the way it was when I took the old one off.

Cable ties are your friend!!!:D

andybond
01-03-2012, 22:59
I find going from the underneath is easier ?

I put one pair of wheels on the kerb , and other on the road. I can then just about reach and get them on ..