PDA

View Full Version : fuel line sizing?

fred rowland
29-02-2012, 22:03
Hi peeps, can any one help me with my fuel pipe sizing for 480 turbo conversion?
I have the same spec engine as the rear engined elecy blue 5 that Haz and Scoff built a while back. for starters what fuel pump would you recommend, rs turbo or bosch 044? It would need to be sufficient enough for maybe a little more power some time in the not to distant future around 220 - 260 bhp.
I also want to run new teflon fuel lines but not sure as to what size i need, AN6, AN8, AN10, or AN12?
Any help would be greatly appreciated as its finally getting nearer completion (only taken 6 or so years!)

SCHWARTZ
29-02-2012, 22:12
044 pump

Matt Cole
01-03-2012, 13:40
Depends on the flow rate required matey. The more flow the bigger the PD, then size the pipework to suit.

Markey Mark (BD)
01-03-2012, 16:45
If the number of the fitting denotes the size in mm then i would say AN8 or AN10 would be fine, the others are abit too small and too large for the engines.

As for fuel pump if your wanting to push it abit be safe and go for the Bosch 044, Tanks 5 has the RS TUrbo pump but he's not wanting to push the thing very hard

I been meaning to pop over with this fuel line too, only just finished the van so have some time now

fred rowland
12-03-2012, 20:37
Thanks for your help people, I'm now one step closer to completion.
Will have a look at those pipes mark but think id rather get the teflon coated jobs due to the rubber ones getting eaten by the fuel additives. got those 285mm discs still if in need?