PDA

View Full Version : roll cage?

SCHWARTZ
28-02-2012, 18:58
I have a safety devices cage with a rear diagonal and a horizontal bars(welded to each other), I want to make these removable so i can leave it off then bolt in for track days. I have seen the saddles (wont work) and the omp connections on ebay but i was wondering if anyone has found a better way of doing it? Any pix would be a great help:agree::D

J$£5GTT
28-02-2012, 23:10
i have a safety devices,the rear diagonal is removable,id say all you need is some steel nuts m10? and bolts,and maybe a length of rollcage tube and have it welded all up proper,thats all mine is/or what safety devices have done.

make up a template of the end of the bar where it fits snug around the rear cage then transfer that to the tube.

:):agree:

Dave Reed
29-02-2012, 00:17
If you need anything changing on the cage, a good friend of mine does all things like this. Here's his website, check out some of his work.

http://www.etamotorsport.co.uk/

SCHWARTZ
29-02-2012, 07:57
i have a safety devices,the rear diagonal is removable,id say all you need is some steel nuts m10? and bolts,and maybe a length of rollcage tube and have it welded all up proper,thats all mine is/or what safety devices have done.

make up a template of the end of the bar where it fits snug around the rear cage then transfer that to the tube.

:):agree:

Got any pix of it matey? Struggling to picture it:ashamed:
I like the idea of the lap joints but at 30 quid a piece x4 its gona get expensive. :sad2:

J$£5GTT
29-02-2012, 18:00
pics are not possible at the moment,but all its going to cost you is the length of roll bar,2xbolts and 4xnuts.

they can really only be welded in one place,where the mitres at the ends fit round the rear part of the cage you strike a line and drill a hole,then get the nuts welded in place,and just bolt it up.

but its critical to get the tubing to fit nice and tight around the cage,take your time.

:)