PDA

View Full Version : actuator rod

philg
22-02-2012, 18:40
I'm replacing the actuator on my turbo for a stronger Garrett -34, i have made the bracket ok and mounted it fine, but when i came to swap the actuator rod over to the new actuator the thread is slightly larger.

Just had a quick look on the bay and they are about a tenner, anyone have one lying around, or preferably could i just run a tap into the old one, size would be great if anyone knows :)

SCHWARTZ
22-02-2012, 18:54
Don't tell me you have fitted a big boy t28 matey:cooter:
I would run a tap down it as if not its no good to you anyway but that's just me. How's the car going anyway matey? What boost you looking at running?

philg
22-02-2012, 18:59
Don't tell me you have fitted a big boy t28 matey:cooter:
I would run a tap down it as if not its no good to you anyway but that's just me. How's the car going anyway matey? What boost you looking at running?

Na standard still, your cars enough to put me off going for a big blower :cooter: I have just bought a stronger one because my boost controller is having to bleed alot to make the boost i want, think the standard actuator is very weak.

philg
22-02-2012, 19:15
Quick google and i think the rod i have is a m6 x 1.0 and the new rod is 1/4 x 28unf

Brigsy
22-02-2012, 20:16
Yeah the actuator threads always seem to be funny sizes mate, probably worth spending the extra tenner

SCHWARTZ
22-02-2012, 21:10
Na standard still, your cars enough to put me off going for a big blower :cooter: I have just bought a stronger one because my boost controller is having to bleed alot to make the boost i want, think the standard actuator is very weak.

Yeah been a bit of a nightmare recently but pretty much sorted now and when it 1.7bar the other day fueling high 11's it really shifted. The t28's ouch up really well on these engines matey no real lag issues at all.