PDA

View Full Version : Side Sill Trim

Gibbo69
16-02-2012, 12:02
Hi guys ,

I removed the side sill trim from the passanger side & cant figure out how to clip the bloody thing back on. The original clips are still attached to the car... However the trim seems to only have plastic notch ! Am i missing some additional clips or does it just clip on ?

Thanks in advamce

Gibbo

LiamR
16-02-2012, 12:10
I am pretty certain what your describing sounds correct.

Dont you have to put the sideskirt up at an angle onto the clip and lower it down???:confused:

Mr Raider
16-02-2012, 12:12
Do you mean side skirt? or internal grey plastic sill trim mate, side skirt should have 'lugs' on the top which fit over the black metal clips which are rivetted on the sill itself, rivett holes on bottom of side skirt for where its rivetted to bottom of sill.

Internal trim has white splined fixings that slide into trim and push into inner sill.:)

Gibbo69
16-02-2012, 12:15
Do you mean side skirt? or internal grey plastic sill trim mate, side skirt should have 'lugs' on the top which fit over the black metal clips which are rivetted on the sill itself, rivett holes on bottom of side skirt for where its rivetted to bottom of sill.

Internal trim has white splined fixings that slide into trim and push into inner sill.:)

Yer mate its the side skirt... Thanks for that just wasnt sure ... Will try that tonight :)

Junglist
17-02-2012, 07:54
worlds stupidest clip

phase i 16 v turbo
17-02-2012, 09:33
Hi Paul make surer the clip is the correct way up. Can look confusing and will sit both ways.

Gibbo69
17-02-2012, 11:55
Hi Paul make surer the clip is the correct way up. Can look confusing and will sit both ways.

Whats the correct way up ? Clips facing upwards ?

Gibbo

Mr Raider
17-02-2012, 12:08
Yup sticking out bits to top to fit inside top of side skirt ;)