PDA

View Full Version : fitting cam

SirSamuelOfBuca
15-02-2012, 20:32
How much of a job is it? Will most likely pay to have it done what should i expect to pay?

Many thanks :)

Sparkie
15-02-2012, 23:50
what cam are you thinking of having fitted, and are you fitting a vernier and springs too?

SirSamuelOfBuca
16-02-2012, 09:13
Well I'll probably be going for a 285 so would need verniers etc. looking for 180bhp plus. Think a t25 will be turbo I go for as I will be using car most days.

Ty for advice

Sparkie
16-02-2012, 12:52
basically you'd be taking the head off, stripping it, relapping valves, then fitting the new springs. then you'd have to get the cam out the block - fit the new one and then time it up.- then refit the head and do the tappets.

off the top of my head....

you'd be looking at about an hour to take the head off, an hour to sort the head, an hour to remove and fit the cam and time it up. then between 1-2 hours to put it all back together. 5 hrs approx total?

SirSamuelOfBuca
16-02-2012, 13:03
Cheers for the reply sparkie anyone you can recommend I'm only down road from you!

Sparkie
16-02-2012, 17:19
yeah i've been know to repair a renault or two. when do you need it doing by, when are you free, and how deep are your pockets? :laugh:
i assume you are gonna get all the parts.....

SirSamuelOfBuca
16-02-2012, 19:09
Basically I will have money after 28th of this month. I'm getting 4 rainsport 2's then either cam or turbo If I can source a decent turbo for decent money. If I do nt see turbo then 285 piper with verniers I think. Is there a better order to get them done in. Baring in mind it definitely needs a tune up.

I'm available anytime as I'm self employed.

I have some funds available lol ;)