PDA

View Full Version : fueling issue

SCHWARTZ
14-02-2012, 22:35
Car started to run a bit funny the other day bit lumpy and afr all over the place. I took the injectors out of the head but left them on the rail and powered them up to check flow, 3 injectors squirted the same amount of fuel but the other one (nearest fpr) squirts nearly double what the rest are spraying:scratch:
I thought something was up with the injectors (t5 orange ones) so swapped to Saab reds and still the same prob.
Could the fuel pressure be the problem? Any ideas on what can cause this would be ace.:sos::laugh:

philg
15-02-2012, 08:24
Christ gary, your car sounds a right bloody headache :cry: hope you get it all sorted soon, you must be sick.

SCHWARTZ
15-02-2012, 10:27
Yeah it is but I think this has been the problem from the start as I have never been able to get the fueling good, its allways been all over the place and seems to prefer running at 11s at wot guessing its 1 rich cylinder throwing everything out.:sad2:

REGGY5GT
15-02-2012, 10:40
I personally wouldnt have thought it was a fuel pressure issue,im not familar with the ecu but is there a chance it could be one of the injector outputs sending the wrong signal?
Do you have a spare ecu to try firstly or maybe do some digging and see if you could test connectors on cranking to compare injector outputs,pm haz mate hes your best bet.

SCHWARTZ
15-02-2012, 12:31
Swapped the input for that injector for the one next to it and still it was spraying more.:scratch:

REGGY5GT
16-02-2012, 10:48
Are you using the standard fuel pressure regulator or a adjustable?

SCHWARTZ
16-02-2012, 12:14
Adjustable that's y I'm thinking fpr. But didn't know if fuel pressure being too high or low could cause this? What should the pressure be? Is it 2.5bar with out the engine running something like that?

sieger
16-02-2012, 12:55
standard pressure with vacuum hose on2,5 bar and without 3,2 bar.if i remember correct

REGGY5GT
16-02-2012, 14:46
I would fuc4 the adjustable off completely bud and use the standard regulator and see what happens then,those adjustables cause nothing but trouble imo.

SCHWARTZ
16-02-2012, 20:04
standard pressure with vacuum hose on2,5 bar and without 3,2 bar.if i remember correct

Cheers matey il have a look.

SCHWARTZ
16-02-2012, 20:07
I would fuc4 the adjustable off completely bud and use the standard regulator and see what happens then,those adjustables cause nothing but trouble imo.

Yeah I kno, only prob is I modified the rail to run a rising rate fpr. Now I'm using a stsndard non rising rate reg but can't fit standard One. I'm picking New rail and fpr from marky mark, so hopfuly that will solve the problems.