PDA

View Full Version : best turbo for the track?

boost-boy
23-11-2008, 17:22
hi all,

as you know i have 2 x 5 GTturbos - one i am using as a everyday road car. but the other one i intend on taking it to track days as i have heard they are good for a buzz :D

what turbo should i put on the track car and how much boost do you recommend? it allready has a k tec center mount intercooler, copper rad, rebuit engine etc.....

look forward to your suggestions - p.s i know not a lot about these cars always been used to cossies and jap cars:scared:

cheers
si

J$£5GTT
23-11-2008, 17:34
i havent driven on track only passenger,the car was
using a ktr 180 an it was punchy out of the corners
an keeping most cars behind,guess your not going to
want anything to laggy for the track really,boost again
14 psi be ok an fun enough for me anyway
:)

Guybrush
23-11-2008, 17:38
Depends on what sort of tracks your going to want to be racing. If its short ones, then the standard T2 is good, as it spools up quick and you should be easily get 150bhp.

If its longer tracks, with less corners etc, then a straight T25 would be on the money... you mention ktec, and with their models its this one : http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=38

My advice would be to stick with the standard one, and see how you fare... if your right foot can control more power coming out of a corner then stick a bigger turbo on.

boost-boy
25-11-2008, 10:37
thanks for the advice guys - i have a ktr 180 on my road car - so may go for another for my track car :D

si

olidaviesuk
25-11-2008, 17:36
before you shell out on a tubby, make sure your suspension, brakes and tyres are up to the job (if they aren't already) :)

decent tyres, suspension and tyres are worth more far more time on track than big hp... as many bigger, more powerful cars have learnt to their embarassment when coming up against a well sorted 5, especially the cup cars ;)

Eugein Offord
03-12-2008, 20:17
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

for 6 flying laps a t25 is quick but for 40 minutes on track a std t2 is ideal....... the car doesnt over heat , the brakes dont fail and the tyres dont go off............ :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: