PDA

View Full Version : Small Things...

Romil Davda
06-02-2012, 12:02
It’s the small things in life that make it worth living...

Markey Mark has got the R5 Turbo up and running BUT:

1) Speedo works intermittently - A strong hard smack on the top seems to bring it back to life, sometimes.
2) Speedo is out! My GPS states 70mph but the clock only showed 60mph.
3) Driver door lock/pin does not work with remote. I have to manually lock the door!
4) Driver door window very slow.
5) Wipers - I only have 1 setting, no intermittent or fast!
6) Boot does not lock
7) Accelerator pedal sticking - Have new cable, will sort out this weekend.

8) Interior light does not stay on, I have to hold the button!

I will stop there... Any help or advice is appreciated :)

Brigsy
06-02-2012, 12:18
Speedo problems will be down to the white dials fitted, the needles will be in the wrong place causing the speed to be incorrect. The intermittent speedo will probably be damaged or duff wiring, not put back together properly etc if its going off occasionally.

Central locking - the mechanism might need freeing off, they jam up occasionally. If not wiring/motor is duff.

Windows are slow at the best of times, could try greasing up the regulator but probs make no difference.

Wipers - check the fuse. I suffered with this on my van for 2 years and fuse was popped :laugh:

Boot lock - new lock time, cheap off ebay

Acc cable - check the linkages on he carb, ive seen some bodged up efforts that stick.

Interior light - strip it down and clean the contancts or buy another one.

Half a days work that lot, easy fix :D

Romil Davda
06-02-2012, 12:33
Speedo problems will be down to the white dials fitted, the needles will be in the wrong place causing the speed to be incorrect. The intermittent speedo will probably be damaged or duff wiring, not put back together properly etc if its going off occasionally.

Central locking - the mechanism might need freeing off, they jam up occasionally. If not wiring/motor is duff.

Windows are slow at the best of times, could try greasing up the regulator but probs make no difference.

Wipers - check the fuse. I suffered with this on my van for 2 years and fuse was popped :laugh:

Boot lock - new lock time, cheap off ebay

Acc cable - check the linkages on he carb, ive seen some bodged up efforts that stick.

Interior light - strip it down and clean the contancts or buy another one.

Half a days work that lot, easy fix :D

Cheers dude, time to roll up the sleaves and get some elbow grease in!!! :)