PDA

View Full Version : Spotted mxv's

Logg
31-01-2012, 20:46
Not sure if it'll help anyone but spotted these on eBay today a pair of new mxv's

Item number

Tinka_Dill
02-02-2012, 15:20
I clocked those yesterday, just called them to see what he'd take for the pair but they sold within minutes of listing :cry:

Bum!!

Romil Davda
02-02-2012, 15:34
Not sure if it'll help anyone but spotted these on eBay today a pair of new mxv's

Item number

Is there anything that does not get past you mate?!?!

Slammed 66
02-02-2012, 15:53
I clocked those yesterday, just called them to see what he'd take for the pair but they sold within minutes of listing :cry:

Bum!!

Not within minutes :)

Bought them this morning for £60 delivered. Now to find two more brand spankers, don't fancy my chances much.

Ross

Logg
02-02-2012, 16:55
Wow what a price. :agree:

The new Bill J
02-02-2012, 17:10
I'd only use those for show tyres. When you get them, look at the wall of the tyre for the date they were made. Tyres have a shelf life, which I think is ten years. After that they shouldn't be used. It must be over ten years now since Michelin stopped production of them :cry:

I've got a set of new Michelin MXV Coupes (the softer compound MXV's). I wouldn't trust driving on them as far as I could throw them :scared:

Slammed 66
02-02-2012, 18:17
I'd only use those for show tyres. When you get them, look at the wall of the tyre for the date they were made. Tyres have a shelf life, which I think is ten years. After that they shouldn't be used. It must be over ten years now since Michelin stopped production of them :cry:

I've got a set of new Michelin MXV Coupes (the softer compound MXV's). I wouldn't trust driving on them as far as I could throw them :scared:

My first job was a tyre fitter some 12 years ago and my first car was a gt turbo. I remember getting a price from our wholesaler at the time for a new pair and the MXVs were out of production back the with only uniroyals and remoulds available. So at best they're probably 13 years old now.

I'm going to look out for another brand new pair or at least barely used and get a set of standard wheels re-furbed for show purposes.

I'm currently on 185 60 13s which I'm not too happy about but what alternative is there???

I am quite pleased about these though and thanks to Logg for spotting them and posting it up in the first place :agree:

Ross

Slammed 66
06-02-2012, 19:52
Well, my new tyres arrived today and I'm very happy with them. They smell great and are still wearing there sticky labels.

I'm pleased someone didn't buy them to use on a regularly driven car as I have checked the production date and was quite shocked. May 1994! Stil feel quite supple but I don't think I'd trust them on the road.

Ross

Renault 5 GT Turbo
06-02-2012, 20:20
Insurance companies can refuse to pay up if they spot tyres that are 6 years or older.

Uniroyals are available occasionally, I got hold of a new set last year from France, dated 18th week 2011. They were brand new with labels in bags but not as grippy as I imagine a good set of 185/60/13 yokos would be but better than the almost plastic hard Uniroyals that they replaced dated 2004!

Robbo
06-02-2012, 21:04
i would put my faith in alot of old branded proper tyres rather than some of sh1te thats branded as performance tyres nowadays and my motor is running around on 195 55 13 continentals on the rear