PDA

View Full Version : I Pod Touch.

Sy5GTT
22-11-2008, 17:31
Has anyone got one?

I'm thinking of getting one for the Mrs for Xmas. Just wondered how the internet connection works on it..ie - do you get charged like a mobile phone or does it use your home broadband? Not too clued up on WIFI. Also can you upload songs from another source (My Music on the lappy) or do you have to buy them off I Tunes? Any info would be great.

Cheers. :)

MikeA
22-11-2008, 17:39
I have one but dont use it much. They are great little toys though. You can connect to the internet for free using your WiFi at any place that is an open network. So in your house you could use it for free for example (as long as its wireless). I use to be able to stand outside peoples houses and connect too! :agree:

Its great for putting movies on but the battery on mine kind sucks.

You have to use itunes to put songs on it. Also there is a thing called 'jailbreak' that you can do to allow you to use other applications and games and stuff for it. Just search for 'itouch jailbreak' on youtube for a tutorial. Voids warranty bla bla bla but I thought it was worth it.

Thats pretty much it. (or at least all I know)

Hope it helps.

James5
22-11-2008, 20:34
on mine now viewing rtoc. Internet via by broadband homehub wireless. Screen small for Internet use. apps and games quiet good.