PDA

View Full Version : MOT today!

REBEL GT TURBO
24-01-2012, 15:28
Car now inn for its mot! :eek:

Ready for the track days of 2012! bring it on:)

Just need a rollcage now to complete the car! If anyone can help please do so!

Thanks!

Tony Walker
24-01-2012, 19:35
Good luck... how did it get on?

TrixNFlix
24-01-2012, 19:38
Yeah, how did my old car get on?

REBEL GT TURBO
24-01-2012, 20:24
I wont know until tomoz! I'm sure its gonna need a few bits doing but its at my mates race shop next door so he will do anything thats wrong for me!

Cant wait to get her back all track slagged up!:p

Found a cage from mark fish racing its gonna set me back £650!!:eek:
Oh well i'm running out of time so will have to bite the bullet!

car.crash
24-01-2012, 20:39
it will need the door bars welding on aswell if its new.

REBEL GT TURBO
24-01-2012, 21:06
There bolt on door bars! i'm having all the feet box section welded in so i'm not to fussed about the welding anyway!

car.crash
24-01-2012, 21:17
mine are bolt on to, but i think the brackets the bars bolt to need welding on with new cages. i know they do on other brands.

REBEL GT TURBO
25-01-2012, 13:30
well as expected it failed!

1.cv joint boot missing
2.ball end joint has excessive play
3.front wheel bearing
4.welding on drivers side foot well
5.washer jets not powerful enough

Thats it! not too at all! :)

pics will be up soon when my graphics are done!

royz
25-01-2012, 20:20
not to bad a list there glad it went well.

123-gtt
25-01-2012, 21:27
Sounds like it went better than mine down at Motest in reading.
I took it in just before xmas and it failed on 3 things and 5 advisories,so over the xmas period I got some work done on the engine bay and I fix the 3 fails.
So the new year came and I booked it back in last week(without the fail sheet due to it had expired,but it was free seems it failed)
Anyway I get a phone call saying it had failed on 3 things,:eek: so i went down to ask what on,and it turned out to be 3 of the prior advisories,how the hell does that work?
Best bit is, I had to get it MOTed that weekend,so I just thought I will get the jobs done and bring it back to motest,as they were only little jobs and I did not want to chance taking it somewhere else and them finding more jobs!
took it back again and it PASSED:wasntme: good news hay.... NO :eek: the feckers has messed about with the fuelling to get the emissions down and did not set it back so now it runs like a bag of spanners,and they hit the intercooler and caused a massive leak, so i have no boost now.now thats a bad MOT.

REBEL GT TURBO
25-01-2012, 21:36
yeah thanks royz! i'm just glad the horn i fitted works! Makes me laugh that a little french car has such a beast of a horn compared to other cars! Awesome...

Just fitted Daz gold front coilovers! Holy **** how hard are they! Its like ive got a solid pole where the suspension once was! Should be the **** tho on track, next up is a pair of remote resivours! Thinking of a future mod having the toision bar system removed and turreting the rear so i can fit coilovers at the back aswel! Anyone know if this is a positive thing to have done? It should give better handling as i could fit adjustable top mounts from and rear so to adjust the offset! Maybe next year when i'm running efi and a stright cut gearbox! :)

REBEL GT TURBO
25-01-2012, 21:41
I took it in just before xmas and it failed on 3 things and 5 advisories,so over the xmas period I got some work done on the engine bay and I fix the 3 fails.
So the new year came and I booked it back in last week(without the fail sheet due to it had expired,but it was free seems it failed)
Anyway I get a phone call saying it had failed on 3 things,:eek: so i went down to ask what on,and it turned out to be 3 of the prior advisories,how the hell does that work?
Best bit is, I had to get it MOTed that weekend,so I just thought I will get the jobs done and bring it back to motest,as they were only little jobs and I did not want to chance taking it somewhere else and them finding more jobs!
took it back again and it PASSED:wasntme: good news hay.... NO :eek: the feckers has messed about with the fuelling to get the emissions down and did not set it back so now it runs like a bag of spanners,and they hit the intercooler and caused a massive leak, so i have no boost now.now thats a bad MOT.

Thats shocking mate! I would have gone insane! Somebody would of got a good hiding!
I hope u got them to sort it out?

old skool turbo power
25-01-2012, 23:09

why would they of messed around with the fueling for :confused:if it reads on idel at like i dunno say 700/800 rmp then thats fine isnt it?and your emissions would be fine i wudda guessed.even then its got no catylatist converter so it wouldnt fall under a emissions test would it:confused:or am i wrong??
as for them messing around with ur car mate i wouldnt of been happy a rough running 5 is the last thing you want:sad2::mad:
also how did they manage to hit the intercooler,sure they dont need to be messing with that?:scratch:

Tony Walker
26-01-2012, 19:24
the limit is massively high on the emissions test but its very easy for a 5 to hugely overfuel with a slight adjustment on the carb. They did it to help you out. it would of failed otherwise.

Tony Walker
26-01-2012, 19:24
but the damage is not good u should let them know.