PDA

View Full Version : std turbo oil feed problem

Bunje
23-01-2012, 11:44
i recently swapped my std t2 for another std t2 because the oil seals had gone in the original one. but my oil feed fitting into the top of the turbo is bigger than the thread in the turbo. i went to pirtek to see if they could help and the retard bloke said that they didnt make the fittings anymore. my oil feed has a swaged end on it and a cone in the turbo. does anyone know how i could get a new oil feed made up and does anyone have any ideas on the sizes that it may be. what does the cone do exactly because if i didnt need it i could just make the hole bigger and put a normal pipe thread in it and make an adapter
sorry for all the info and questions im just abit stuck
Cheers Ben

Bunje
23-01-2012, 14:20
right i have no found out that the thread in the turbo is 1/4 BSP. but my problem now lies with the cone and the swaged end of the pipe as pirtek told me they couldnt do this so what are my options

jamie_clioGTT
23-01-2012, 15:08
what pirtek branch did you use?

i use burton and never had a problem with them...

could you not take the fiting out of the turbo and put it in your new one?

Fordy
23-01-2012, 17:39
ring turbo technics.... had 2 turbos off them recently and both came with new adapter fittings for the standard oil feed so they must have a stock of them

Bunje
23-01-2012, 20:01
i used the pirtek in oldbury werent very helpful at all tbh. i carnt take the fitting out because its fixed in and is a different size if ya know what i mean. i wil give turbo technics a call tommorow

tiff_lee
24-01-2012, 17:46
Do you know the fitting swaged onto your oil line? contact think auto and get a suitable male to female adaptor.