PDA

View Full Version : Starting new Job!

elmof1
21-01-2012, 16:09
Right I'll be starting a new Job in a couple of week and I'm a bit apprehensive about the move; I've been at my current job for 11years, so everything is easy and I know everyone, plus got access to a load of engineering equipment.

This new job will be more of a desk job, and I doubt I'll have as easily access to equipment for homers, and not to mention I'll know no-one.

Anyone else ever had cold feet about changing jobs??

Penfold aka The Dealer
21-01-2012, 16:13
Cant leave Williams... Got an interesting line for 2012... Senna & Renault Engine... Although Maldonado is a risk....

You still in F1 / Motorsport??

elmof1
21-01-2012, 16:42
Cant leave Williams... Got an interesting line for 2012... Senna & Renault Engine... Although Maldonado is a risk....

You still in F1 / Motorsport??

The move will be to Redbull so I'll still be working within F1, although williams does feel like family. I met Senna yesterday, really nice down to earth guy.

Penfold aka The Dealer
21-01-2012, 16:47
Good man, least ur still the same industry & to a winning team. :)

I am sure you will settle in soon enough.

Good luck with the job job, 11 years is a long time in any job :)

D4WNO
21-01-2012, 17:00
Put it this way, if you didn't want to do it, then you wouldn't have applied in the first place.

New is good, I've just moved to London (from Swindon)and changed jobs myself. Was cacking it a bit at first but it's turned out to be the best thing I've ever done

g10far
21-01-2012, 17:34
The move will be to Redbull so I'll still be working within F1, although williams does feel like family. I met Senna yesterday, really nice down to earth guy.

It must be so cool to work within F1, especially with a front running team. Whats your job role?
I would say working with a team like RBR will only grow with time, just like the company! They're involved in so much!!!

elmof1
21-01-2012, 17:40
Put it this way, if you didn't want to do it, then you wouldn't have applied in the first place.

New is good, I've just moved to London (from Swindon)and changed jobs myself. Was cacking it a bit at first but it's turned out to be the best thing I've ever done

That's exactly how I'm feeling now, cacking myself as completely out of my comfort zone. Yeh your right I wouldn't have applied if I wasn't sure. Glad your move worked out well :)