PDA

View Full Version : rear end advice

Charlie
21-01-2012, 10:52
A bit of advice needed, I have removed the torsion bars to raise the rear up and to get the beam axle blasted and painted. My problem is the mounting bracket with the rubber bush in is seized onto the trail arm. Has anyone any advice on how to get these off without destroying everything. :confused:

Ashy
21-01-2012, 13:45
Aren't they bonded on? I've never removed one without wrecking it!

Charlie
21-01-2012, 14:04
I thought they needed to move freely to be able to adjust height.:confused:

5 turbo
21-01-2012, 14:20
I would try gently heating the outer metal around the bush, get it good an warm(really dont want smoke though, as that is bush burning..) Then spray it full of wd or the like..give it some firm taps with a hammer then try again..

Pretty sure these bushes aint getable anymore so be PATIENT ;)

Charlie
21-01-2012, 15:54
Ok, don't know what I am doing. Should the bit that bolts to the body move freely on the cross member? mine might be ok the way it is but I dont know what it should be like. Sorry I'm not explaining this very well. :scratch:

Brigsy
21-01-2012, 16:28
It will probably be tight to move, id leave them be unless the bushes are perished and need renewing. Just blast and paint it complete

REGGY5GT
21-01-2012, 20:01
I spoke to a renault guru not so long back regarding these as i wanted to take one off a old axle to see if i could get a polyurethane copy made up by powerflex, apparantly he said they are pressed in at the factory and has never seen or known to be able to remove them in one piece, near impossible were his words, From what i know you cant purchase the bush seperate and i certainly wouldnt be using any heat on it if you plan on using the bush again...

J$£5GTT
21-01-2012, 21:06
i think renault 21 bushes can be obtained from renault still.
:)

Charlie
22-01-2012, 09:32
I will leave it as is, the bushes are good. I just thought the mounting bracket should have moved on the beam freely. If they are pressed on then mine is likely ok.
Thanks for all your help. Cheers.