PDA

View Full Version : 9 turbo for sale - southend

r5_scotty
19-01-2012, 18:32
selling my 9 anyone who is genuinely interested please pm me. its on sorn at the mo and it wont be coming with the turbines.but it will come with its original speedlines. runs and drives etc needs tlc

its very solid. it has rust on the door and rear quarter.the underneath is spot on:agree:
this is a phase 1 and becoming very rare!
there isnt very many around. try find one.

rtoc members only - £1100 now takes it as iv got my eyes on a five as a daily:)

cheers

Mr Raider
19-01-2012, 18:45
Looks a great car,same front end as phase 1 11's?! very rare motor!

r5_scotty
19-01-2012, 19:00
its a great car and really dont want to sell it. i have other bits for sale so if they go first i will keep it!puts a smile on my face everytime i see it!:D and yea its very rare. im not sure if its the same front? someone on here will know.

thanks for the comment

r5_scotty
21-01-2012, 09:12
no longer for sale

LiamR
21-01-2012, 12:13
Good!!!

Keep it and love it. That car is ace mate.

Big Steve - Raider
21-01-2012, 22:42
no longer for sale

:niceone:

Tony Walker
21-01-2012, 22:57
Good choice :agree:

r5_scotty
21-01-2012, 23:06
managed to sell a few other bits and bobs. slowly getting my self straight again! :D.
got offered good money tho. but really didnt want it to go! cheers for the great comments!

now gotta get some pennys together to sort it and get it on the road for the summer!

so glad i didnt sell it!

Mr Raider
22-01-2012, 18:49
Good choice mate, think you might have regretted it if you did sell up although sometimes its a case of needs must :agree:

r5_scotty
17-03-2012, 15:30
back up for sale. my five is costing a fortune! all the sills are being re done now as theres alot of rust. and the front headlight surrounds are being re done due to rust then a full spray over sides wings engine bay. so letting the 9 go now. plus need a new daily as my van has given up! so its got to go to help with some funds!any questions just ask. open to offers etc gutted :crap:

Penfold aka The Dealer
17-03-2012, 15:43
back up for sale. my five is costing a fortune! all the sills are being re done now as theres alot of rust. and the front headlight surrounds are being re done due to rust then a full spray over sides wings engine bay. so letting the 9 go now. plus need a new daily as my van has given up! so its got to go to help with some funds!any questions just ask. open to offers etc gutted :crap:

Damn Scott... Not good about your 5... Looks so mint in the pics... Was only resprayed a couple of years ago :(

r5_scotty
17-03-2012, 16:42
Damn Scott... Not good about your 5... Looks so mint in the pics... Was only resprayed a couple of years ago :(

yup tell me bout it! will get some pics up soon of it befor and after! i think it was sprayed on a budget. looks like the main amount of effort went into the main body outside ,inside. the sills should have been done befor the respray really. but i saw it was done after so its one of those things! still there being re done. then getting wax oiled and rust proofed then stone chipped:D:agree: no more rot!it still is a very tidy shell tho. just want the five to be mint and back on the road!

r5_scotty
18-03-2012, 20:37
just had a guy come look at the 9 this evening. looks like its sold. :cry:

GT Josh
18-03-2012, 22:54
This is a really retro, to cool for school motor. Good luck with the sale...:)

r5_scotty
20-03-2012, 19:21
still for sale as the fella changed his mind. bit to much work for him. fair enough.

j j frost
23-03-2012, 23:25
hey wondering are the standed speedlinez gold or used to be and or is there eney chance of a picture

r5_scotty
27-03-2012, 21:56
thinking about breaking this now. i know its not what alot of people would agree with but my vans knackered and im spending alot on the five. so if theres any interest in parts please pm me.
cheers
scott

dave j gtt
04-04-2012, 18:18
waste:crap:

list thing that are wrong with or need fixing and a Price.

r5_scotty
04-04-2012, 19:50
waste:crap:

list thing that are wrong with or need fixing and a Price.

i know but it ows me money now and im not going to get what i want for it. and it will make more if broken. i havnt broken it yet tho! would rather see someone sort her out as its not in bad condition. it needs left drive shaft , carb needs setting up, engine wireing loom has been played with. needs a few scabs sorting out. if someone is really interested in it i would like them to view it. there really isnt many to choose from. i just dont have the time it needs or the pennys.

r5_scotty
09-04-2012, 22:13
cant break it . havnt got the heart to do it! if someone on here wants to take it on im willing to take £1100. need a daily now and have my eyes on a five :)
pm me if your interested

Brigsy
09-04-2012, 22:16
Too rare to break these days mate!! If i had the space/time/money id be having it :(

Alex
12-04-2012, 12:27
The trouble is if you break it you'll be forever getting rid of the parts - it's a 9 Turbo and there's only a few in the country. I think you'd sell it for sub 1k, IMO only of course.

Incidentally I've seen this car in the flesh as the owner lived near me a few years ago and it's a good'un :agree:

r5_scotty
12-04-2012, 17:39
The trouble is if you break it you'll be forever getting rid of the parts - it's a 9 Turbo and there's only a few in the country. I think you'd sell it for sub 1k, IMO only of course.

Incidentally I've seen this car in the flesh as the owner lived near me a few years ago and it's a good'un :agree:

cant belive no one wants to take it on tho! its such a tidy 9 when like you say theres bugger all of them left! but i need a daily! and i havnt the time to sort the 9 out! would be good to see it go to a good home.

and as for breaking , im getting alot of interest in parts . so far iv worked out i can get 1300 in parts and still have a fair bit left to break.so i think it would break well surprisingly. the only thing that would be left is the shell which would be scraped! and i couldnt do that.

im stuck between a rock and a hard place.

what to do

dangerous dave
12-04-2012, 17:47
there are members on here that would buy someones pride and joy and break it for some profit and scrap whats left...

i wouldn't worry about it, if you sell it cheap to one of "the turds" of the club, it'll end up broken anway..

do what you have to do:agree:

chezzer85
12-04-2012, 17:51
Morals versus Economics!

r5_scotty
12-04-2012, 17:52
there are members on here that would buy someones pride and joy and break it for some profit and scrap whats left...

i wouldn't worry about it, if you sell it cheap to one of "the turds" of the club, it'll end up broken anway..

do what you have to do:agree:

cheers :) i just really like it but its more work than i can deal with at the moment. im working 6/7 days a week. and im rebuilding my five!

Adey aka Ewok
12-04-2012, 18:47
What's wrong with it? What does it need?

The new Bill J
12-04-2012, 18:50
What's wrong with it? What does it need?

Get your goggles on, and read the thread Forest Boy :cooter:

r5_scotty
12-04-2012, 19:01
Get your goggles on, and read the thread Forest Boy :cooter:

lol:D its in the thread buddy:agree:

Nick k
12-04-2012, 23:54
I so want this car ( in one piece that is ) :(

r5_scotty
13-04-2012, 06:22

buy it then !:D

Adey aka Ewok
13-04-2012, 07:12
lol:D its in the thread buddy:agree:

oops :ashamed:

r5_scotty
13-04-2012, 22:17
a few extra pics

r5_scotty
13-04-2012, 22:21
its sitting round my friends in a barn. it needs someone to use it. it shouldnt be sitting there.

Haz
13-04-2012, 23:57
Break it. Rare as it is, you say you can get more that way than what your after, if it sells complete it could end up being at half that. Going by what I can see in the pics it's gone in the usual places, which could mean it could be gone in the usual places you can't see, and until the buyer strips it down they won't know how much is involved. If its as bad as my 11 was, and they cant do the work themselves, the chances are it will end up broken anyway as cost of repairs could cost more than its worth, and if they think it is, they'd pay your asking price.
Not that im sayin it is bad as not seen the car but just a thought as to why some may be put off. If its the cash you after to use on other things then you may as well get the most from it, as sad as it is.

r5_scotty
14-04-2012, 14:08
Break it. Rare as it is, you say you can get more that way than what your after, if it sells complete it could end up being at half that. Going by what I can see in the pics it's gone in the usual places, which could mean it could be gone in the usual places you can't see, and until the buyer strips it down they won't know how much is involved. If its as bad as my 11 was, and they cant do the work themselves, the chances are it will end up broken anyway as cost of repairs could cost more than its worth, and if they think it is, they'd pay your asking price.
Not that im sayin it is bad as not seen the car but just a thought as to why some may be put off. If its the cash you after to use on other things then you may as well get the most from it, as sad as it is.

iv checked everywhere on the 9 and these are the usual places but there is no other rust at all. sills , bulkhead , headlight surrounds etc are perfect. your probably right, i just really dont want it gettin broken up! it seems such a waste. but if no one wants it ,it may have to be done. ima give it 2 weeks as i have 1 guy interested. if no one takes it on it will be broken for parts. :( really doesnt deserve it.

Chris Beer
15-04-2012, 10:20
This car cannot be broken!!

Do not kill it :(

Penfold aka The Dealer
15-04-2012, 11:51
This car cannot be broken!!

Do not kill it :(

Somebody buy it then.... Its not a bad car for the £'s....

r5_scotty
15-04-2012, 19:22
prov sold

bit sad but its going to a good home and not being broken!:D and its stayin in the club!

will leave it to the member to let everyone know

dave j gtt
22-04-2012, 18:17

It is a very cool car.