PDA

View Full Version : what is my best bet?!

markey b
19-01-2012, 12:07
right, after a bit of input here,

i'm swapping my supercharged 11 with a lad with a gtturbo, its got t&t, looks pretty clean, lots of ktec bits, just been resprayed, basically he can't insure it so wants my 11

i need to fund a motorbike, and have a few options.

advertise and sell the gtt
swap the gtt for a '52 clio 172 cup with no tax and test, spend £200 on it then sell
swap the gtt for a 1998 clio with c1j conversion, rota grids, buckets etc and sell

basically i need to return as much cash as poss,

what would you do to get the most cold hard cash in ya hand?

James5
19-01-2012, 12:17
right, after a bit of input here,

i'm swapping my supercharged 11 with a lad with a gtturbo, its got t&t, looks pretty clean, lots of ktec bits, just been resprayed, basically he can't insure it so wants my 11

i need to fund a motorbike, and have a few options.

sell the gtt
swap the gtt for a '52 clio 172 cup with no tax and test
swap the gtt for a 1998 clio with c1j conversion, rota grids, buckets etc

basically i need to return as much cash as poss,

what would you do?

If the 5 gtt is in good condition I would look to swap and then sell the GTT, my 2nd option would swap the GTT for a 172cup all depends on condition of this GTT as your prob looking @ roughly around £2k sale, and around the same for the 172 but 172 advertised in right place will sell quicker than the GTT, I wouldn't even bother with a clio with a C1J in it, never understand why peeps go backwards and put an old engine in when new ones can be turbo'd fairly cheap

markey b
19-01-2012, 12:31
the 172 isn't great, has been modified, has turbines, ktec stealth exhaust, but bodywork isn't great, dephaser is rattling and has done 100k, even tho cambelt was done at 70k. ones on ebay are only going for £1200

my OE grey GTT went for £2200 so dunno if i'd get 2k for a modded gtt

see what ur saying about the clio tho, although its a mk1 ph2 1.4 so cheap insurance :laugh:

dangerous dave
19-01-2012, 14:37
Where's raider gtt when you need him...:p

Markey Mark (BD)
19-01-2012, 16:04
If you want to know anything about that car Mark give us a pm, i know it very well and have helped him out doing few jobs with it.

markey b
19-01-2012, 16:38
If you want to know anything about that car Mark give us a pm, i know it very well and have helped him out doing few jobs with it.

awesome i'd hoped it was you that was looking after it, he said markey was doing some work on it.

is it a nice one, i've only seen a couple of pics and an 'off the top of his head' spec