PDA

View Full Version : Torque settings & procedure for cam carrier on F4R

5teve L
14-01-2012, 13:49
As title, does anyone know what they are please, just about to go over to put the cambelt on & I seem to remeber these have an order & a specific setting that is very important..
ta
Steve

SP33DY
14-01-2012, 14:14
Here you go mate

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=21351

Scoff
14-01-2012, 14:25
I replied to your pm steve, but incase anyone else in the future needs it, it's 12nm for the 10mm cam cover bolts. not to be over tightened :)

5teve L
14-01-2012, 18:16
Thanks.
Do the cam seals go into the head as per normal or does the one on the de-phaser sit on the actual pulley, I ask as someone else started to strip the engine so I can't remember if they both went into the head on the camshafts or if one sits on the de-phaser pulley itself if you see what I mean. Got 3 different seals in the head kit you see :crap:
Got the head on & torqued up, all set ready for the belt to go on but my mate was unsure of the seals so we stopped

Scoff
14-01-2012, 18:43
Seals go in the head steve. If it'sa 172/182 with dephaser than you use the bigger inlet seal. The dephaser will slip into the seal when you fit it. You wont be able to push the seal into the head/cover once the cover is torqued up. Not easilly anyway :)

5teve L
14-01-2012, 20:11
Seals go in the head steve. If it'sa 172/182 with dephaser than you use the bigger inlet seal. The dephaser will slip into the seal when you fit it. You wont be able to push the seal into the head/cover once the cover is torqued up. Not easilly anyway :)
Bugger, looks like I'll be taking that off again then, maybe sometimes a haynes book of lies does come in handy :crap:

5teve L
18-01-2012, 08:37
OK, rather than start a new thread, forgive me as I'm totally new to the F4R :ashamed:
Does oil & water flow through the side of the head/thermostat housing ?
I ask as I have another engine spare that I bought & noticed it had oil in the side of the head yesterday as the thermostat housing has been removed, didn't want to sell a lemon on as I ended up rebuilding the head on my one in the end. It was running as I removed it from a breaker, just wanted to check.
ta
Steve