PDA

View Full Version : standard oil cooler pipes

elmof1
11-01-2012, 16:06
Just a quick one; are there any copper washer required for the oil pipe to radiator fittings?

markey b
11-01-2012, 16:27
nope i never even used to use PTFE just nip them tight with a 17mm spanner :)

Jörg
11-01-2012, 16:29
Just a quick one; are there any copper washer required for the oil pipe to radiator fittings?

no, works without

sorry, markey was faster ...................

elmof1
12-01-2012, 10:33
It was nearly midnight when i fitted the pipes last night so i didnt have time to investigate, but even when the oil pipe union fittings to the rad was tight the pipes could still move. Is this normal? I was expecting then to be ridgid like they are when they out of the sandwich plate on the oil filter.

Markey Mark (BD)
12-01-2012, 10:39
It was nearly midnight when i fitted the pipes last night so i didnt have time to investigate, but even when the oil pipe union fittings to the rad was tight the pipes could still move. Is this normal? I was expecting then to be ridgid like they are when they out of the sandwich plate on the oil filter.

I have found a fair few to still feel loose once the fittings have been all tightened up, never leaked though.

gttjames
12-01-2012, 12:29
yer mine have movement in them once nipped up, assumed it was normal as no real leak, a slight dribble over a year of driving maybe