PDA

View Full Version : What is bb tuning black spec engine?

Bumblebee1990
10-01-2012, 22:51
As u above was looking through some receipts from my car and fount this. Thanks mat.

J$£5GTT
10-01-2012, 23:11
it was there 'stage 1' engine,with standard compression,uprated gaskets,bolts....:D
brand new oil pump,new timing chain and tensioner,new water pump,plugs etc...
just reading from the old brochure,cost £1399.00 fitted,tested up to 150bhp...

next was 'stage 2' red spec 180bhp £1699.00...then 'stage 3' yellow spec 200bhp £1899.00....
:)

Bumblebee1990
10-01-2012, 23:14
Got you thanks very much for the info :agree:

soapymech
11-01-2012, 10:57
what about green spec:scratch:

Penfold aka The Dealer
11-01-2012, 11:06
what about green spec:scratch:

Never heard a green spec...

Think I still have a BBPT brochure at home somewhere :)

soapymech
11-01-2012, 11:12
Never heard a green spec...

Think I still have a BBPT brochure at home somewhere :)would like to find out as i am going to look at the weekend at one which is for sale, it came from a car i saw advertised on here a while back it was in a blue 5 with a pink rollcage,remember it?

Logg
11-01-2012, 11:25
would like to find out as i am going to look at the weekend at one which is for sale, it came from a car i saw advertised on here a while back it was in a blue 5 with a pink rollcage,remember it?

I remember that car met the owner a few times down Southend. He use to run a Saab T3 turbo. On the boards his login was something to do with manatees.

soapymech
11-01-2012, 11:39
I remember that car met the owner a few times down Southend. He use to run a Saab T3 turbo. On the boards his login was something to do with manatees.thats the one mate:)it was broken up because it was full of rust from living by the seaside. think this fella spent quite alot of money on this car:cry:just wondering if the saab turbo would have been bbpt choice for the green spec:scratch:

Logg
11-01-2012, 11:47
thats the one mate:)it was broken up because it was full of rust from living by the seaside. think this fella spent quite alot of money on this car:cry:just wondering if the saab turbo would have been bbpt choice for the green spec:scratch:

I doubt it as they wasn't impressed with my T3 conversion back in 2003 just kept on saying there would be to much lag. But that might be due to there Biggest turbo retailed for over 1k +VAT back then and mine was under £500. lol

soapymech
11-01-2012, 12:05
I doubt it as they wasn't impressed with my T3 conversion back in 2003 just kept on saying there would be to much lag. But that might be due to there Biggest turbo retailed for over 1k +VAT back then and mine was under £500. lol
B,loody B,rilliant P,enny T,akers :wasntme: dont take it personally mate when i went there i got the feeling the only thing that impressed them was reddies:(

Slim
11-01-2012, 12:15
I drove there from a very long way ago once,,, (at the time i had a leaking manifold gasket) and asked them what the noise was... the chubby fella said 'could do with a rebuild' i was like :eek: :eek: :laugh: :laugh:

soapymech
11-01-2012, 12:21
I drove there from a very long way ago once,,, (at the time i had a leaking manifold gasket) and asked them what the noise was... the chubby fella said 'could do with a rebuild' i was like :eek: :eek: :laugh: :laugh:saw and heard you coming :laugh:

Bigfoot
11-01-2012, 12:36
Cant remember the blokes name but your talking about the blue 5 with pink cage in? He always loved talking about manatees for some reason :laugh: if its same person not that far away from me, bits got stolen off the car and thats the last I heard from it. Was a very good engine if it is the same person

soapymech
11-01-2012, 12:55
Cant remember the blokes name but your talking about the blue 5 with pink cage in? He always loved talking about manatees for some reason :laugh: if its same person not that far away from me, bits got stolen off the car and thats the last I heard from it. Was a very good engine if it is the same personengines somewhere in southend dale, maybe sold on? your the second person to mention the manatees so i guess it was his.

r5 rich
11-01-2012, 13:35
Cant remember the blokes name but your talking about the blue 5 with pink cage in? He always loved talking about manatees for some reason :laugh: if its same person not that far away from me, bits got stolen off the car and thats the last I heard from it. Was a very good engine if it is the same person

If I`m correct someone called Stuart used to own it and then Alex from Southend bought it and then broke it due to the amount of rust and it falling to bits even though on top the bodywork was in very good condition

Bigfoot
11-01-2012, 14:11
Ahh thats it, I remember now Alex purchasing the car then realising how bad it was. Yeah Stuart was his name