PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know ?

Andyturbo!
10-01-2012, 01:41
A company that would be able to replicate side decals for red gt turbos? I'm sure a black gradual fade with Gray fade lettering would look close to original, I've tried to pm raj to see who did his but he isn't accepting pm's at the mo. would really appriciate any info on this as it seem crazy that we cud get them made for other colours but not red and renaults revised colour looks awfull in my opinion. I'm sure theres a few ppl on here that would love to put them back on there red 5s.

Cheers andy

Bigfoot
10-01-2012, 07:29
When I wanted things replicated I just found everyone in the local area who does this sort of thing and then emailed all of them details on what I am after and pictures when they came back saying they can do that sort of thing I then went into more detail with them. I have close up pictures of the stickers so if you want I can send out another email and see if any of the local ones round this way can replicate them.

Penfold aka The Dealer
10-01-2012, 07:58
When I wanted things replicated I just found everyone in the local area who does this sort of thing and then emailed all of them details on what I am after and pictures when they came back saying they can do that sort of thing I then went into more detail with them. I have close up pictures of the stickers so if you want I can send out another email and see if any of the local ones round this way can replicate them.

Yes please dale, wouldnt mind a set for my 5, I may get some custome Graphics made for mine as cant be @rsed to get originals :)

Andyturbo!
10-01-2012, 08:19

Yes I would really appriciate that mate as for me it really finishes the car off, has anyone got any close up pics of them on red cars? Am I right in saying its black fade and grey fade lettering?

Big Steve - Raider
10-01-2012, 08:39
Might be worth checking out this guy (http://cgi.ebay.fr/renault-5-GT-TURBO-p2-autocollant-sticker-aufkleber-/400220025673?pt=FR_JG_Auto_Tuning&hash=item5d2ef8f349) on eBay France? :)

Andyturbo!
10-01-2012, 08:48
Might be worth checking out this guy (http://cgi.ebay.fr/renault-5-GT-TURBO-p2-autocollant-sticker-aufkleber-/400220025673?pt=FR_JG_Auto_Tuning&hash=item5d2ef8f349) on eBay France? :)

Is there a way of changing it to English? lol

Big Steve - Raider
10-01-2012, 08:51
Is there a way of changing it to English? lol

Copy the website address into google translate ;)

Andyturbo!
10-01-2012, 08:54
Copy the website address into google translate ;)

Good man! Cheers

Andyturbo!
10-01-2012, 09:10
Doesn't seem to want to do it on google translate?

Hoolio
10-01-2012, 10:03
Just copy and paste the page into the box here http://translate.google.com/ it's mostly about fitting.

Bigfoot
10-01-2012, 11:13
Ill send out a lot of emails this afternoon about it, have enquired with the company doing my stickers and they can not replicate the effect :crap:

Andyturbo!
10-01-2012, 11:51
Ill send out a lot of emails this afternoon about it, have enquired with the company doing my stickers and they can not replicate the effect :crap:

That's great mate thanks alot, let us know how you get on

adscan
10-01-2012, 17:15
i am after a set for a black car if anyone has any ideas??

Bigfoot
11-01-2012, 15:10
Just sent out the mass of emails, got a reply back from one so far, saying that can replicate them not a problem however he has a problem that the machine cannot print silver :crap: always the way, he knows another local person who he is going to speak to, to see if they can get something like that done

Andyturbo!
11-01-2012, 16:23
Just sent out the mass of emails, got a reply back from one so far, saying that can replicate them not a problem however he has a problem that the machine cannot print silver :crap: always the way, he knows another local person who he is going to speak to, to see if they can get something like that done

Nice one mate that's great, it's a step in the right direction anyway :agree:

Bigfoot
11-01-2012, 16:27
Getting replies back from other companies now, definately not the most helpful like you can get those on eBay :( or we can do them for £15 if you dont want a gradient. So only one helpful so far if there is no silver in there

pascal-GT
11-01-2012, 17:30
contact this person, it is a menbre club of Italy,the product is of good quality;)
http://www.leboncoin.fr/equipement_auto/261083585.htm?ca=5_s

pascal-GT
11-01-2012, 17:32
http://i46.servimg.com/u/f46/16/96/45/04/img_7810.jpg

Andyturbo!
11-01-2012, 18:12
That looks great mate, any chance you cud get some for me pascal lol and send them over here

Bigfoot
11-01-2012, 18:19
I take they are just printed with a colour fade in the gt turbo writing rather than the circular effect. That will be a lot easier to do as there will be a lot less prep time

Andyturbo!
11-01-2012, 18:23
I can't tel just from the pics

Bigfoot
11-01-2012, 18:29
I can't tel just from the pics

Joys of viewing it from the iPhone zoomed in. It depends on how close to original you are after really, as if you find the post from Raj they have pictures in there and you can tell the effect from them.

Andyturbo!
11-01-2012, 18:32
Joys of viewing it from the iPhone zoomed in. It depends on how close to original you are after really, as if you find the post from Raj they have pictures in there and you can tell the effect from them.

Lol tel me about it, yeah I would like them as close as poss, wish raj had bin able to do them

adscan
11-01-2012, 18:37
are the ones mike sells copies?

Bigfoot
11-01-2012, 18:40
Whats the colour schemes of them all as I think only white and silver have silver in the colouring I would have thought. rest have different mixtures of them.

Andyturbo!
11-01-2012, 18:56

as far as I know they are original Renault items but the ones for red cars change to all silver/grey

car.crash
11-01-2012, 19:13
How much are they from Renault?

Andyturbo!
11-01-2012, 19:33
Think there about £160 but I've heard a few diff prices

car.crash
11-01-2012, 19:43
Sounds reasonable for genuine items. Why not just order them?

Andyturbo!
11-01-2012, 19:55
Sounds reasonable for genuine items. Why not just order them?

They have change the colours for red cars to all silver instead of black fade and silver lettering, new ones look pants in my opinion

Ashy
11-01-2012, 22:20
I'd like a set, I've got the rear section of a red 5 that I cut off one I was breaking if anyone wanted to show it to a sticker manufacturer to get a good match...

How would you make sure the stickers were the correct shape and size unless you had a new set to copy? I doubt they could dimension it from a photo?

Bigfoot
11-01-2012, 22:24
Should be able to sort something out if I ask nicely to a couple of people I know :) but I will need to know for definate from the people trying to replicate them first before I even start investigating that side of things

Andyturbo!
11-01-2012, 22:27
I would defo want a set too mate, maybe we should start a thread for ppl who want them see wot the demand is?

adscan
11-01-2012, 23:08

I emailed this chap today and he would do a set for a black car for 130€ posted to my door.

This is what the decals look like. Not bad I reckon.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/adscan/d9e4c7d6.jpg

Andyturbo!
11-01-2012, 23:28
I emailed this chap today and he would do a set for a black car for 130€ posted to my door.

Do u know if he can do them for red cars mate? Are u gona get them

adscan
11-01-2012, 23:36
Yes he has all colours. Seems a descent chap. I think it works out to around £107 posted from Italy.
He sells a lot of these decals on the French Renault 5 forums. They don't look half bad from that pic. I think I would pick up a set. I wonder if he will do discount for a bulk order??

Andyturbo!
11-01-2012, 23:40
Are they the dot fade design aswell? Might be interested in a set, do u have his email mate?

adscan
12-01-2012, 07:00
Are they the dot fade design aswell? Might be interested in a set, do u have his email mate?

Not sure mate. I got his email from further up the thread. vincenzocervellini@libero.it
You will have to email him in Italian though.

Penfold aka The Dealer
12-01-2012, 07:29
Not sure mate. I got his email from further up the thread. vincenzocervellini@libero.it

I have emailed the Italian Person regarding a group buy to the UK :)

adscan
12-01-2012, 08:06

Can you let us know the outcome? I will hold off buying a set then.

phase i 16 v turbo
12-01-2012, 08:11

No they are OE ones. Cheaper than most suppliers but they are still alot of money.

Andyturbo!
12-01-2012, 08:46

That's great penfold, I'm sure there will be quite a few wanting sets, let us know wot the guy says :agree:

Andyturbo!
12-01-2012, 09:02

Thanks for the email buddy

Penfold aka The Dealer
12-01-2012, 09:59
Ok,

I have had a response, very good communication, can do colours to suit any 5's, have asked about ph1's aswell...

Basically he is saying bulk buy delivered to me will be at €110 each, this is worked out on a order of 5, I am happy to have them delivered to me & i send them on again (shouldnt be more than a £5 special delivery but will check that)

If we get a more than 5 people willing to buy i will see what deal he can do...

So Lists Please

1) Penfold (Red car graphics)

adscan
12-01-2012, 10:57
Ok,

I have had a response, very good communication, can do colours to suit any 5's, have asked about ph1's aswell...

Basically he is saying bulk buy delivered to me will be at €110 each, this is worked out on a order of 5, I am happy to have them delivered to me & i send them on again (shouldnt be more than a £5 special delivery but will check that)

If we get a more than 5 people willing to buy i will see what deal he can do...

So Lists Please

1) Penfold (Red car graphics)

I will take a set for a black car.

Andyturbo!
12-01-2012, 12:19
I will take red car graphics too mate

Bigfoot
12-01-2012, 15:20
Will be getting sent through a idea on the gradient effect this person can do through the post which should arrive by weekend, also getting an idea on price, it doesn't matter what colour they are and will be showing what it looks like in the grey rather than silver, will upload pictures once I receive them.

Also another company which has said they can do that, haven't discussed fully with them, but they are local within braintree which ill go and visit them this weekend.

Initial one will be £120 + vat then further ones will be £50+vat
For another colour once first one has been made will be £70+vat and then each further one than that will be £50 + vat

So all reasonable pricing compared to what they are charging elsewhere as long as they can replicate to the original stickers.

Waiting for a phone call back from a 3rd company and they sound the most promising out of the mass email I sent to a lot of companies.

adscan
12-01-2012, 16:33
Good work. Although I think this Italian dude looks promising.

Andyturbo!
12-01-2012, 16:57
Will be getting sent through a idea on the gradient effect this person can do through the post which should arrive by weekend, also getting an idea on price, it doesn't matter what colour they are and will be showing what it looks like in the grey rather than silver, will upload pictures once I receive them.

Also another company which has said they can do that, haven't discussed fully with them, but they are local within braintree which ill go and visit them this weekend.

Initial one will be £120 + vat then further ones will be £50+vat
For another colour once first one has been made will be £70+vat and then each further one than that will be £50 + vat

So all reasonable pricing compared to what they are charging elsewhere as long as they can replicate to the original stickers.

Waiting for a phone call back from a 3rd company and they sound the most promising out of the mass email I sent to a lot of companies.

Great wrk mate it's good to have a few options

LiamR
12-01-2012, 22:23
I need a set for my tungy 5.

Pictures and prices are what Id like so I can make a decision :)

Andyturbo!
15-01-2012, 10:25
Any more interest in these guys? If we get a few ppl we will prob get them even cheaper

adscan
15-01-2012, 11:02
Yes. I am still up for this. Will go with you guys or order a set myself.

dangerous dave
15-01-2012, 11:46
i like the graffics but i think 100+ prices take the pi55.. the guys got the gear set up and will be taking about 1hr pressing print and packing the stickers before posting..

thats some epic earning, im in the wrong job..

stickers should be £40-60, theres to many wannabe millionaires after easy money.. tell the guy your willing to pay in that area or he can f*uck off, he'd should do a deal as thats still 50% profit.

there so many amazing things in the world i can buy for £100 or i could buy some stickers...

REGGY5GT
15-01-2012, 11:57
i like the graffics but i think 100+ prices take the pi55.. the guys got the gear set up and will be taking about 1hr pressing print and packing the stickers before posting..

stickers should be £40-60, theres to many wannabe millionaires after easy money.. tell the guy your willing to pay in that area or he can f*uck off, he'd should do a deal as thats still 50% profit.

there so many amazing things in the world i can buy for £100 or i could buy some stickers...

I agree, look at the price of replica vxr nurburgring, megane trophy stickers on ebay, all around the £40-£50 mark, im not sure if renault do the graphics still for the gt but im suspecting they dont thus the extorsionate copy prices, like everything else for the GT when someone cottons on theres a shortage they automatically double the price, coff coff SILLS coff coff, personally i love what trixnflix has done with his vinyls and im very tempted to do the same:smokin:

Bigfoot
15-01-2012, 11:58

Totally agree there, thats why ill be looking at £50 else ill be telling the people who will be looking at printing mine where to go :laugh: granted the initial set up will be more like anything. I did get a copy through yesterday on what one printer can do but the dots are very fine. Ill take a picture of it and post up in a bit, still two more companies to look at though.

Bigfoot
15-01-2012, 12:08
This is the samp they sent me,

This is using high grade 7 year vinyl, different colours are available. They also will supply a clear to protect it even more. For 1 x pair its going to be £94.80 all in. And will even fit it for a charge of £66.

Thinking the dots are a bit too small, but thats the only style they can do with this style printer.

Got two other companies though.

Can enquire if people think this one is ok for a group buy which im sure the cost above will be just the initial setup cost and the rest will just be print, materials and time per set.

adscan
15-01-2012, 14:13
That looks pretty good.
I agree with what people are saying about prices. Shame the copies have to be so much. Maybe I will wait and see what Bigfoot can offer.
Any idea of the final cost for a set?

Andyturbo!
15-01-2012, 16:24
Yes they are expensive but still cheaper than originals, plus thats why we are trying to do a group buy to bring the cost down even more, it sounds like they are really good Replicas too. I for one really want them to complete my car when it's had its paint job cos that's a big part of the look of the car for me. That sample dus look good tho Bigfoot, can they replicate the colours for a red car tho? As that is why this thread was started in the 1st place cos it seemed impossible to get them anymore (in the original colours) in the uk. That's it I've sed my piece lol

Bigfoot
15-01-2012, 17:02
That would be a black to clear fade on length and GT Turbo in grey/silver to clear? I dont see why not. Will be speaking to the other companies during this week and go and visit the other one in the same town. Want definite answers and prices really from them before a go ahead with them sorting out the design. One company wants a straight on image of the GT Turbo area and dimensions if anyone has some :)

dangerous dave
15-01-2012, 17:05
Yes they are expensive but still cheaper than originals, plus thats why we are trying to do a group buy to bring the cost down even more, it sounds like they are really good Replicas too. I for one really want them to complete my car when it's had its paint job cos that's a big part of the look of the car for me. That sample dus look good tho Bigfoot, can they replicate the colours for a red car tho? As that is why this thread was started in the 1st place cos it seemed impossible to get them anymore (in the original colours) in the uk. That's it I've sed my piece lol

once upon a time in an owners club a very nice chap sorted out a group buy on some renault 5 gtt dials, because they were priced well they sold over 60 sets in thinking its gone into the 100's..

these decals could be a winner making someone a very tidy profit.. every member i know would have a set at the right price, but everytime that price is posted we all keep walking.. these decal group buys have never taken off because most people feel the same. raj's ones are/were to dear at £80 and he wouldn't do a group buy as that was cutting out his profit.. that price and the quality of his decals show there out there and for less than he was offering..

perhaps the reason there always mega money is the person in contact is always putting "there bit" ontop making sure they get a set for nothing and a little pocket money..

sometimes it feels like raider gtt is doing the group buys:(

Andyturbo!
15-01-2012, 17:21
That would be a black to clear fade on length and GT Turbo in grey/silver to clear? I dont see why not. Will be speaking to the other companies during this week and go and visit the other one in the same town. Want definite answers and prices really from them before a go ahead with them sorting out the design. One company wants a straight on image of the GT Turbo area and dimensions if anyone has some :)

Yeah that's sounds right to me back fade wih grey! Silver lettering

Andyturbo!
15-01-2012, 17:27
once upon a time in an owners club a very nice chap sorted out a group buy on some renault 5 gtt dials, because they were priced well they sold over 60 sets in thinking its gone into the 100's..

these decals could be a winner making someone a very tidy profit.. every member i know would have a set at the right price, but everytime that price is posted we all keep walking.. these decal group buys have never taken off because most people feel the same. raj's ones are/were to dear at £80 and he wouldn't do a group buy as that was cutting out his profit.. that price and the quality of his decals show there out there and for less than he was offering..

perhaps the reason there always mega money is the person in contact is always putting "there bit" ontop making sure they get a set for nothing and a little pocket money..

sometimes it feels like raider gtt is doing the group buys:(

Lol he isn't owt to do with this one lol. I'm a relatively new member so I am new to all this and group buys but I understand where your coming from, I just really want a set for my car lol

dangerous dave
15-01-2012, 17:37
Lol he isn't owt to do with this one lol. I'm a relatively new member so I am new to all this and group buys but I understand where your coming from, I just really want a set for my car lol

as do i, im sorting out paint for my car and it'll have to have decals... :cool:

Bigfoot
15-01-2012, 17:37
The picture I attached would be the silver/grey he will be able to do, once the image has been created all it will mean would be a change of colouring to then print for the different coloured cars. I think the main issue with this group buy if it does take hold would be the initial outlay of the money. I done this with my own money with the engine bay stickers which are selling well on eBay and the Raider badges as well. I will be able to afford this as well, but would be limited to around 10 at a time more than likely as wouldn't be able to afford to buy that many, unless he agrees that any reprints of the sticker will be a lot cheaper which im sure nobody will complain.

Andyturbo!
15-01-2012, 17:41
as do i, im sorting out paint for my car and it'll have to have decals... :cool:

I haven't even sorted paint out yet lol

Andyturbo!
15-01-2012, 17:42

I haven't even sorted paint out yet lol got all my bits together for it, boot lid ect so that's next but wud love to have a set ready to go on

Andyturbo!
15-01-2012, 17:44
The picture I attached would be the silver/grey he will be able to do, once the image has been created all it will mean would be a change of colouring to then print for the different coloured cars. I think the main issue with this group buy if it does take hold would be the initial outlay of the money. I done this with my own money with the engine bay stickers which are selling well on eBay and the Raider badges as well. I will be able to afford this as well, but would be limited to around 10 at a time more than likely as wouldn't be able to afford to buy that many, unless he agrees that any reprints of the sticker will be a lot cheaper which im sure nobody will complain.

Cool mate well keep us all posted on how it goes, if they turn out right I wud love a set, even better if we don have to get them from italy

adscan
15-01-2012, 21:47
the italian dude sent me a couple more pics of his decals. he said that he would do a cheaper price for a multiple orders. it would be nice to have a couple of options..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/adscan/ph2_nero_grafix7.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/adscan/ph2_nero_grafix6.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/adscan/ph2_nero_grafix5.jpg

gtmatt
15-01-2012, 21:52
Can we not get a group buy sorted then ?? I'm sure alot of members wan these ,I'm down for a set once sorted :)

car.crash
15-01-2012, 23:17
Those don't have the oe dot fade. They look good but I doubt many would want to pay much for them.

Andyturbo!
15-01-2012, 23:32
Yeah I thort they were the dot fade too, i wouldnt wana pay much for them, the sample that bigfoot got looks more like it

Bigfoot
15-01-2012, 23:36
Ok ill keep on enquiring on mine then. Anyone got dimensions of the writing? and lengths of the vinyl? Have asked Penfold for dimensions and pics as he has a couple of brand new ones which are not on the car, will wait to here from him if not. But would people be happy with a smaller dot pattern or shall I keep enquiring from the other two companies which say they can replicate the dot pattern as well.

Andyturbo!
15-01-2012, 23:45
Ok ill keep on enquiring on mine then. Anyone got dimensions of the writing? and lengths of the vinyl? Have asked Penfold for dimensions and pics as he has a couple of brand new ones which are not on the car, will wait to here from him if not. But would people be happy with a smaller dot pattern or shall I keep enquiring from the other two companies which say they can replicate the dot pattern as well.

For me the sample that you have at the mo looks really good but I'm new to 5s so maybe wait for other opinions on it. Big :agree: up for where you have got with it so far, it's all a step in the right direction

gtmatt
16-01-2012, 08:59

Penfold chop chop

Penfold aka The Dealer
16-01-2012, 09:02
Penfold chop chop

Should get round to it today :)

The new Bill J
16-01-2012, 12:24
Should get round to it today :)

I've forgotten what they look like :laugh:

Penfold aka The Dealer
16-01-2012, 12:37
I've forgotten what they look like :laugh:

That reminds me, I have a brand new genuine set from Renault for you :) must remember to bring them & ur wheels back.

adscan
16-01-2012, 20:52
Those don't have the oe dot fade. They look good but I doubt many would want to pay much for them.

asked about the original dot fade. he says they are. sent me a sample of the sets he does.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/adscan/ph1_bianco_scansione.jpg

Bigfoot
16-01-2012, 21:17
asked about the original dot fade. he says they are. sent me a sample of the sets he does.

Thats the same pattern then as what I can get hold of from that one company. Must use the same style printer.

adscan
16-01-2012, 21:22
Thats the same pattern then as what I can get hold of from that one company. Must use the same style printer.

Any update on the pricing?

Bigfoot
16-01-2012, 22:03
Any update on the pricing?

The one I got a sample from is away for a week. Waiting for pictures and dimensions from Penfold or anyone so I can go to the other two companies :)

Andyturbo!
16-01-2012, 22:17
Maybe the dots are too small then? As the pics of them on the black car dont look right to me

Bigfoot
16-01-2012, 22:21
Maybe the dots are too small then? As the pics of them on the black car dont look right to me

Agree there, hence my first comment saying about that the dots are too small. Its a shame as the pattern is spot on :crap:

adscan
16-01-2012, 22:32
Agree there, hence my first comment saying about that the dots are too small. Its a shame as the pattern is spot on :crap:

yeah i wasn't sure either..the italian guy seems pretty confident they are identical. he said if i was not happy with them he would refund me. seems fair enough to me.

maybe the pic is not the best to show the dots and fade.

still very keen to see what your contacts can come up with. is it likely to come in at less than £100 for a set?

Bigfoot
16-01-2012, 22:34
yeah i wasn't sure either..the italian guy seems pretty confident they are identical. he said if i was not happy with them he would refund me. seems fair enough to me.

maybe the pic is not the best to show the dots and fade.

still very keen to see what your contacts can come up with. is it likely to come in at less than £100 for a set?

If a one off is less than £100 im sure multiple will be a lot less. Ill be looking at around £50 or less for a set

Penfold aka The Dealer
16-01-2012, 22:36
Dale, can I just send my graphics to you in the post.... Be quicker for me lol.

Also I will happily go 1st on a set for the red 5 :)

adscan
16-01-2012, 22:47
If a one off is less than £100 im sure multiple will be a lot less. Ill be looking at around £50 or less for a set

If you can source a set for a black car at around £50 then I will deffo be in!

Andyturbo!
16-01-2012, 22:50
Yeah same here for my red 5

Bigfoot
16-01-2012, 23:03
If your happy to send them I'll txt over my address for them. That way can get everything I need from them :)

dangerous dave
16-01-2012, 23:23

i'd be interested at that money...or less:agree:

Andyturbo!
22-01-2012, 10:18
Anymore news on this?

Bigfoot
22-01-2012, 10:26
Hopefully Penfold sent them Friday so I will have them this week to then take to the other two places for a better idea. Otherwise the bloke who gave me the above pattern I can enquire fully on with design etc etc, but like the above picture of it on the car it just doesn't look right.

gtmatt
22-01-2012, 11:05
Once we get price dale we will start a list ?

I hope we get a deal I'm sure who ever does will make alot as there is alot of members want these

Andyturbo!
22-01-2012, 11:32
Hopefully Penfold sent them Friday so I will have them this week to then take to the other two places for a better idea. Otherwise the bloke who gave me the above pattern I can enquire fully on with design etc etc, but like the above picture of it on the car it just doesn't look right.

Nice one mate, tbh us guys with red cars don't have many options anyway so anything close is a major plus for me anyway :agree:

Andyturbo!
31-01-2012, 15:06
Any further news on this?

Bigfoot
31-01-2012, 15:30
Still waiting for copies from Penfold, sent him PM last night wondering where they are and he was finding out this morning, still no news from him today though.

Andyturbo!
19-02-2012, 11:44
Still waiting for copies from Penfold, sent him PM last night wondering where they are and he was finding out this morning, still no news from him today though.

Did penfold ever send them pal? Just wondered if wots happening with this

Bigfoot
19-02-2012, 15:58
Did penfold ever send them pal? Just wondered if wots happening with this

Still waiting for these :crap: nothing has arrived in post and he did say he sent them beginning of last week

Andyturbo!
19-02-2012, 16:04
Still waiting for these :crap: nothing has arrived in post and he did say he sent them beginning of last week

Ok pal let us know of any developments the :agree:

gtmatt
19-02-2012, 18:42
Why are we waiting :laugh:

Bigfoot
01-03-2012, 13:03
Just an update, I have nearly given up waiting for Chris to send them through :scratch:

The car which we broke I took an angle grinder to the rear quarter and cut out the back part of the sticker with the metal still attached, its in my car ready to take to a couple of people around this area to see if they can match it :) hopefully have more news by next week.

Andyturbo!
01-03-2012, 13:06
Nice one mate, cheers for the update :agree:

adscan
01-03-2012, 14:32
Still after a set for a black car. Keep us posted.

LiamR
01-03-2012, 16:05
I need a set of these too :-)

Bigfoot
08-03-2012, 13:01
Speaking to the company today, they are seeing if they can get close to the print out, problem they see is that the printer has a too high dpi resolution, which they recon you need about a 25dpi printer which is a real old printer for the design to come out. I have left the car panel with them so they are going to see what they can do with it and let me know. Other problem they see is with the darker coloured cars its harder to get a match on the colouring but lighter cars will be fine for this or if the design is black, im thinking the white and red cars will be easiest to match, but will keep you informed on any progress with this

Andyturbo!
08-03-2012, 15:46
Speaking to the company today, they are seeing if they can get close to the print out, problem they see is that the printer has a too high dpi resolution, which they recon you need about a 25dpi printer which is a real old printer for the design to come out. I have left the car panel with them so they are going to see what they can do with it and let me know. Other problem they see is with the darker coloured cars its harder to get a match on the colouring but lighter cars will be fine for this or if the design is black, im thinking the white and red cars will be easiest to match, but will keep you informed on any progress with this

Nice one dale, and thanks for keeping us posted. I'm sure everyone appriciates your efforts on this, me included :agree:

cook1981
11-03-2012, 13:38
id also be interested so put my name down for a set for a white car thanks

Nottswoody
11-03-2012, 14:03
i would have some for a red r5

cook1981
20-03-2012, 14:15
hi is there been any progress made with this?

Bigfoot
20-03-2012, 15:01
No update yet from this company, going to leave it till end of week before contacting them if they haven't spoken to me before hand. In process of sorting out other things for the Clio / Williams forums so time is divided between that, these and a new Renault 5 which picked up at weekend now, if no luck with this company will have others which can select from.

cook1981
24-03-2012, 19:46
No update yet from this company, going to leave it till end of week before contacting them if they haven't spoken to me before hand. In process of sorting out other things for the Clio / Williams forums so time is divided between that, these and a new Renault 5 which picked up at weekend now, if no luck with this company will have others which can select from.

thanks for the time and effort much appretiated.

Andyturbo!
24-03-2012, 20:25
thanks for the time and effort much appretiated.

:agree:

cook1981
10-04-2012, 11:46
Any progress on this yet, and thanks for the time and effort so far

Bigfoot
10-04-2012, 11:53
He says that he cant make them, going to see him this week to collect my panel with the sticker on, will keep searching though, got to go see a couple of other companies still.

Jimmy5
24-04-2012, 23:50
Any updates on these bigfoot? I will be needing a set for a silver R5 ;)

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee250/Mauncerblades/DSC00279.jpg

Bigfoot
25-04-2012, 00:01
Have had to change companies, as the main one was for a red car, need to find another company who can paint white onto vinyl, as when they tried doing it for the red car, the GT Turbo came out pink :crap: because it bleeds light through for some of the white :( great for all other colours apart from them, another company has the panel which im going to chase up and find out whats happening with them.

Jimmy5
25-04-2012, 00:05
Have had to change companies, as the main one was for a red car, need to find another company who can paint white onto vinyl, as when they tried doing it for the red car, the GT Turbo came out pink :crap: because it bleeds light through for some of the white :( great for all other colours apart from them, another company has the panel which im going to chase up and find out whats happening with them.

Ok cheers mate, well if you decided to get replica vinyl whats suitable for a silver 5 then I would definately be interested in a set :agree:

Andyturbo!
20-08-2012, 23:24

Did anyone ever get a set from this guy? As I'm still looking for a set for a red car, may email the guy but wanted to know if anyone had got any from him

BILLY-R5GTT
21-08-2012, 09:07
I will be needing a set after the (pearl white) respray if possible, I'll keep an eye on this thread for progress.

In the mean time If anyone would like to email me some close up pics of the various decals with the dimensions I will ask around up in my area, I have a few contacts in the vinyl sticker business.

no1_engineer@hotmail.com

Andyturbo!
21-08-2012, 19:32
Got an email from the Italian guy this morn and he still does them. Don't look like they are the dot fade but the pics he sent me look pretty good, prob gona get a set as its the only option for red cars at the mo

Flight666
21-08-2012, 20:16
These may be worth an ask think he does red GT`s by translating the text 400220025673 from E.bay fr I`m after a set my self for Tungsten grey.No idea if thats a good price compared to other copied sets,certainly is compared to genuine prices..

Danboi2
17-11-2012, 11:59
Just spotted these ideal price for someone to pay to have them copied without wrecking a set

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-5-GT-TURBO-GENUINE-DECAL-SECTION-WHITE-GREY-CAR-REAR-QUARTER-RIGHT-/160923886756?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2577cfa4a4

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-5-GT-TURBO-GENUINE-DECAL-SECTION-WHITE-GREY-CAR-REAR-QUARTER-LEFT-/160923887555?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2577cfa7c3

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-5-GT-TURBO-GENUINE-DECAL-SECTION-WHITE-GREY-CAR-DOOR-LEFT-/160923889151?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2577cfadff

gttjames
18-11-2012, 17:25
surprised they havnt been bought judging by interest iv seen people show