PDA

View Full Version : coilovers

kentraider
08-01-2012, 22:50
hello fellas...has anyone got or had a set of avo coilovers what are they like on the road.many thanks dan :smokin::smokin::smokin:

g10far
10-01-2012, 10:40
There a good affordable set of dampers. If its the set I have on mine then you have various settings for damper adjustment so you tweak it to suit road or track! The adjustment is for front and rear shocks too, I think the fronts have 12 clicks and the rear around 20 or so hope that helps!

Os8472
10-01-2012, 10:53
Only 2 problems with Avo's though, the corrosion issue being the first and the second being the front springs are too short and too soft so they go coil bound very easily.

My advice if they rust up call Avo and complain and replace the springs with 9inch long 300lb jobs, will cost 30quid off eBay, doing that transformed how my car handled on them

TOMTOM
10-01-2012, 17:43
I run them on mine, I can't fault them one bit. Having the car polly bushed
Also helps but it is a bit firm ride wise.

kentraider
10-01-2012, 18:38
cheers fellas for ur input....im sure its a question asked before but what are the best coilovers for the 5 then?

djinuk
10-01-2012, 20:38
i also agree. they rust to buggary!

Quiet-Pete
10-01-2012, 20:55
yo dude i no it might be a bit late, but i fitted the avo's to mine, the thread dose go all the way to the bottom, so u can sllllam ur 5, but like its been said there rusted up to buggery and 1 damper adjuster has snappd of both front and back set,

the only other set of coilovers i used if FK, they were new and clean and were ok for the time i used them.. just dident go low enough :ashamed:

Gttnutter
10-01-2012, 22:57
If you tape up the threads upon fitting then they it'll save some corrosion. Also the rears I found absolutely horrible on any setting so changed them back to the gaz rears. Toms right in saying how good they feel, although its quite low that raider....+ I want it back :(

car.crash
10-01-2012, 23:01
If you tape up the threads upon fitting then they it'll save some corrosion. Also the rears I found absolutely horrible on any setting so changed them back to the gaz rears. Toms right in saying how good they feel, although its quite low that raider....+ I want it back :(

please sell it back to him:agree:

Woznaldo
11-01-2012, 07:30
For those worried about going coil bound, have a look at Swift Springs from the States (I often think USA and handling are an oxymoron but these look good to me). They make springs with less coils for the same length, so they go coil bound a lot later giving you more travel (a good thing) for the same length spring.

I really want to give them a go but have funds directed to different areas of the car at the moment. Here's the link anyway:

http://www.swiftsprings.net/advantage.html

kentraider
11-01-2012, 21:22
thanks guys.....also while im scrounging for info lol whats the best cam to use with a full t25?