PDA

View Full Version : Best way to remove windscreen??

REGGY5GT
07-01-2012, 19:15
With the 'cheesewire' or the 'lever knife'??

Any fitters on here with advice which is easier to use, pros n cons, ect

Thank you

Tim

J$£5GTT
07-01-2012, 19:23
removed one recently and used the proper wire,very easy once you get going.
:)

REGGY5GT
07-01-2012, 20:23
Yeh i am tempted to use the wire j but scared of damaging me dash, it doesnt need replacing but im getting water in somewhere around that area and i think ive narrowed it down to lack of bond on the windscreen, so its not really essential to do, ive seen those handles with an L shaped blade and a bit of rope with a handle to aid pulling and watched a video on youtube, with the use of those cutters the screens out in 2 mins but wanted others opinions on it first :agree:

J$£5GTT
07-01-2012, 20:28
a while ago when i had my screen fitted i would get a little water fly up on the dash,usually 60mph and above,it was just comin in under screen at the bottom,so i just pulled out the rubber seal and applied some sealant with a putty knife in the area,that stopped the leak.
:)

REGGY5GT
07-01-2012, 21:15
arh, so its not just me thats experienced it then,lol, im tempted to do just that j, ive taken the seal off and got my mate with the airline to go round the bottom of the window with me sat in the car and you could hear in areas that air was coming through, im dreading rot but will worry about that when i can see it,lol, i want to pack the gap out around the whole windscreen with a bead of tigerbond then replace the seal, in doing this tho ive been told it will be a mega job if i wanted the screen removing in future.

Tony Walker
07-01-2012, 23:17
with your feet really hard really fast, with fingers crossed :agree:

Os8472
08-01-2012, 00:17
A hammer ;)